Windows 10: disable start bar on top

Discus and support disable start bar on top in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; how do i disable start bar being on top in windows and anywhere else? 72550 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m0nk3n, Dec 14, 2016.

1. m0nk3n Win User

disable start bar on top

how do i disable start bar being on top in windows and anywhere else?

:)

m0nk3n, Dec 14, 2016

2. Bar on top of screen

I don't really know what happened but there is this bar on top of my screen that won't go away. It's like a shortcut for a bowser, but theres no way for me to get rid of it. I was wondering if there's a way to get rid of it?

Deana_Moore.98Mo, Dec 14, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Bar on top of screen

For us to further assist you, can you please provide a screenshot of the bar you see at the top of your screen . . .

DaveM121, Dec 14, 2016
  4. disable start bar on top

If you are referring to the Start Menu, there would be no reason to have it under anything when you clicked on the Windows icon. The whole purpose is to show it on top of everything else so you can select the program you were looking for.

If you are referring to the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen, it doesn't have a 'behind' setting, but you can hide it by right-clicking on it and choosing Settings. There two options for hiding it, one for desktop mode and one for tablet mode.

OldGuyGeek, Dec 15, 2016
  5. m0nk3n Win User
    how do i get it to show behind anything when i'm using anything as borderless windowed mode?

m0nk3n, Dec 15, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    If you have an application opened in full screen, 'throw' your cursor to the edge of the screen and the taskbar should reveal itself:

disable start bar on top [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 15, 2016
  7. m0nk3n Win User
    when i am playing games in windowed borderless or using programs that makes programs go into borderless mode i can still see the startmenubarthingy, which i dont want... how to remove? without going into the "hide start menu automatically" options.

m0nk3n, Dec 15, 2016
  8. disable start bar on top

Borderless is still a window. It just doesn't have a border around the edges. Therefore the taskbar will always be visible unless you hide it. Games that play Fullscreen mode are the only things that hide your taskbar.

OldGuyGeek, Dec 15, 2016
  9. m0nk3n Win User
    i play eve online in borderless. and there is no taskbar... *smokegif*

btw you's did still not answer the question!

why is the illusive taskbar hiding function gone?

m0nk3n, Dec 15, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    What do you mean by "Gone", taskbar hiding function is still there ?
    It's up to a program/game to decide to cover it or not.

CountMike, Dec 15, 2016
  11. m0nk3n Win User
    Gone = can't play and do what i want without taskbar covering the most important part of the monitor... \ didnt used to do that before so why is it "back"?

m0nk3n, Dec 15, 2016
  12. Again, some games run in borderless mode. That mode is still a window. Therefore the taskbar still shows up. Games that run fullscreen take over the entire monitor and the taskbar is not visible. They are 2 different modes of operation. I don't play Eve online but I'm pretty sure it is a fullscreen app.

And I did answer the question. the hide the taskbar function is controlled through Settings > Personalization > Taskbar or you can right-click on the taskbar and click on Settings there.

Now, if you want borderless games to take over the screen, read this thread. It has an app that can help. However, as with all downloads, use caution.

Play all your games in Windowed borderless mode. - Steam Users' Forums

OldGuyGeek, Dec 15, 2016
  13. m0nk3n Win User

disable start bar on top

yeah. windows doesnt have that function anymore. to give command to program "in-front" of windows. it used to do that before the AU thingy... i could play all my 200+ games on steam + lots of other platforms in borderless without the startbar on the 1\25th of the bottom screen. diablo 3 borderless, doesnt show the start bar. eve online, doesnt show the start bar, farming sim 17, shows the start bar, and there is nothing in the config files. stardew valley, doesnt show the start bar.. functionality gone.... but i'm not raging over it, just wanted to know if windows still had that program in use is program in focus completely edit anymore.

m0nk3n, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

disable start bar on top

1. disable start bar on top - Similar Threads - disable start bar

2. Screen/Internet Bar at top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen/Internet Bar at top: The bar at top of screen is showing internet-based tabs/Google/. I have tried everything I know but cannot get it off. It is interfering with all of my screens & work, including minimizing the area for emails. I've never had this problem & do not see anything in settings...
  3. start bar

start bar: I dont have start bar. how can I get it back??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-bar/e46f037b-abf5-4c81-9631-fb7b2f12bac9
  4. Bar at top of screen now hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bar at top of screen now hidden: Why have you hidden the bar at the top of the screen with the close icon. I think Micosoft asks itself how they can make things worse instead of better - some samples: - the new Outlook is impossible - Evertime I complain I get some stupid answer from Outlook - When it was...
  5. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  6. Extra bars at the top of Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extra bars at the top of Edge: The bar says " To see favorites here, select …….." How can I get rid of this extra bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/extra-bars-at-the-top-of-edge/30d129f0-a44f-4b8a-a120-fb2fb881ae2b
  7. dark bar at top of screen

dark bar at top of screen: there is a dark bar at the top of my monitor when all windows are maxed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dark-bar-at-top-of-screen/c2d3b128-db95-4a9d-a955-861a3ae8e5dd
  8. Search Bar at the top of my screen

Search Bar at the top of my screen: This search bar suddenly appeared on the top of my laptop screen, nothing will make it go away. I have tried looking for the Web Bar thing in the control panel but nothing comes up.... is there any other way to fix this????[ATTACH]...
  9. Bar near Top of page?

in Browsers and Email
    Bar near Top of page?: Near the Top of the page is a Bar that contains most of the Sites I visit regularly! However one site in particular I use most (My Internet Service provider email account) only shows in the Downloads list but won't stay put after reboot/power off, after I had previously...
  10. Black Bar top

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Bar top: I am having an issue, I have a W10 machine where the default resolution is 2560 x 1600 but when I go to 1920 x1080 this happens: [img] A black bar is across the top and blocks any view, any ideas? 47307