Windows 10: Disable start menu in tablet mode

Discus and support Disable start menu in tablet mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really wanna use tablet mode for my HTPC. The onscreen keyboard is perfect for my purposes. The only problem is that the start menu will pop up over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eagle3ye, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Eagle3ye Win User

Disable start menu in tablet mode

I really wanna use tablet mode for my HTPC. The onscreen keyboard is perfect for my purposes. The only problem is that the start menu will pop up over certain applications at times. Is there any way to disable it altogether or default to the desktop when no apps are open? Thanks!

:)

Eagle3ye, Nov 21, 2016
  2. HairyFool Win User

My homescreen now shows all these icons, how do I get rid of them?

That is the Start Menu and is displayed by default when in tablet mode

Click on the Notifications (white speech box next to time)to display the option to enable/disable tablet mode.

HairyFool, Nov 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10, no start menu option.

Hi,

Windows 10 has ability to show Start Screen as well as Start Menu. This OS can work as your Tablet or Desktop.

If you are in Desktop mode, you can switch between Start Screen or Start Menu. Here is a step by step how to article which will tell you how.

How to change Start Menu in Windows 10

If you are in Tablet mode, you have to disable it first. To disable, click on Notification Icon (icon of messenger or chat) near by System Date time in right bottom corner (by default) and click on Tablet to disable.

John Bhatt, Nov 21, 2016
Thema:

Disable start menu in tablet mode

1. Disable start menu in tablet mode - Similar Threads - Disable start menu

2. How to disable tablet mode on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable tablet mode on windows 11?: I have upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10. Win 10 used to provide me a feature to turn tablet mode off. However after upgrading to win 11, i miss this feature badly. It unnecessarily annoys me as I still wish to use the desktop features after folding my hp pavilion 360....
  3. Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode Occurring when it is Disabled in Settings: Hi I have a few users that are entering tablet mode even though the laptop itself is not folded into a tablet and the option is disabled within Windows Settings.Has anyone seen this issue before?And if they have, what is the cause and fix?Cheers...
  4. W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308

W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308: Hi there, i have a Win 10 Tablet PC with active "Tablet Mode". We activated the tablet mode because we want the on screen keyboard to pop up when someone clicks into a text field in a web application. But once the tablet mode is active we have the following behaviour:...
  5. Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu

Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu: Win10 opens up apparently in "Tablet Mode" - but making the Settings changes in Tablet Mode do not help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-opens-in-tablet-mode-instead-of-desktop-mode/f2edf2c0-4cf1-4f9a-9988-b7bd67475aea
  6. Disabling Tablet mode

Disabling Tablet mode: My laptop is stack at Tablet mode. I can't use the start button and the calendar short cut. How can i disable tablet mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-tablet-mode/95f8945f-1cb2-4d20-afdb-51e1a9c910b1
  7. Windows 10 tablet mode forcefully starts menu after login

Windows 10 tablet mode forcefully starts menu after login: While trying to set a default start app on windows 10 after login in tablet mode, I am facing a trouble, that it displays the start menu screen in full size launching my default app in background every time. I want the windows start my app directly in foreground in tablet...
  8. Start screen option in tablet mode

Start screen option in tablet mode: Is it possible to have the apps pane (burger menu top left corner) remain open when viewing the start screen I find this screen extremely dull compared to 8.1, I think the lack of colour has a big impact. 27494
  9. New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode): I have found, probably after a new windows update, a new start menu layout (attached) [img] In order to restore the old one i replaced the "database" folder ( in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer) but it didn't work properly. For a fast solution I tried...
  10. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323