Windows 10: Disable system update.

Discus and support Disable system update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I disable automatic system update on windows 10? You guys consume my data a lot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JinYohan, Dec 18, 2018.

1. JinYohan Win User

Disable system update.

How can I disable automatic system update on windows 10? You guys consume my data a lot.

:)

JinYohan, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

My system refuses to update Windows 10 to version1709

Hello,

Thank you for the update. At this point, we suggest that you perform Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 10 ISO file by following the steps on this link. This will help us to clean up the system which can resolve the issues.

Regarding with your other concern, here are the steps on how to temporarily disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates:

• Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services
    • Scroll down to Windows Update in the resulting list
    • Double click the Windows Update Entry
    • In the resulting dialog, if the service is started, click 'Stop'
    • Set Startup Type to Disabled

Please Note: if you disable Windows 10 Updates, your system will be at risk from attack

• Windows Defender will not be updated
    • Operating System patches will not be applied
    • You will not be able to use the Windows Store
    • Windows Apps will not update and possibly fail

Any update from you is highly appreciated.

Dyan Rey, Dec 18, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Disable system update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 18, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

Disable system update.

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Disable system update.

1. Disable system update. - Similar Threads - Disable system update

2. Disabling system password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling system password: Hi there,I am having issues disabling the password prompt whenever my PC turns on with windows 10. I never had to add a password until the past year. It also prompts me to change the password every couple of months. I've tried following the many steps suggested from the...
  3. Disabling system password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling system password: Hi there,I am having issues disabling the password prompt whenever my PC turns on with windows 10. I never had to add a password until the past year. It also prompts me to change the password every couple of months. I've tried following the many steps suggested from the...
  4. Disabling system password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sound Card Disabled by system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Card Disabled by system: Can somebody help me with this?Pretty sure it has something to do with driver-matching and/or memory integrity, but I've updated everything and it persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card-disabled-by-system/8e7c108b-84a7-4529-8d25-c5c93fcc4c88
  6. Disable automatic running of Dropbox updater at system start-up

Disable automatic running of Dropbox updater at system start-up: I notice that DropboxUpdate C:\Program Files x86\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe runs every time I start my computer Windows 8.1 x64, but I cannot see why. In the Task Manager in the Startup tab the Dropbox entry C:\Program Files x86\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe is disabled....
  7. Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update automatically updated my system despite being Disabled!: I'm very disappointed to know that my Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Edition does not respect my privacy whatsoever. Last week I upgraded to Windows 10 Home Edition (clean installation) for the first time from my previous Windows 8.1 OS that I had running for 4 years. I disabled...
  8. disable system-level task

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    disable system-level task: i had posted a question here several days ago regarding unwanted windows updates and the annoying message that would take over my screen/system. the message was commanding me to change my privacy settings to allow further updating. i found this was related to UNP, an...
  9. Can not disable auto update for apps, System Admin message.

Can not disable auto update for apps, System Admin message.: Running build 10158, but also had the issue in earlier builds. Auto update settings are greyed out, with it set to on. Gives a message "Contact your system administrator about changing this system". I am the system admin and I tried looking at the group policies but I can...
  10. Disable System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Disable System Restore: Hi, I need to do the following tasks in the System Restore: 1. Set Max Usage = 0 2. Delete all restore points 3. Disable System Restore Should be using Command Line. 1st and 2nd step I've no any idea how to do. For 3rd step: net stop srservice sc config...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop system upgrade