Windows 10: Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Discus and support Disable tap to click on touchpad. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kanebuddy, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Kanebuddy Win User

Disable tap to click on touchpad.

I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to god, if I can't find a way to turn it off soon, I will sell every Microsoft device I own and never purchase another in my life.

My laptop model HP Laptop 15-da0xxx.

Please help me fix this glaring oversight, and tell whoever is listening that hiding the ability to turn off what used to be very simple settings, and changing them to be nearly-impossible to change IT nightmares is going to lose customers in the long run.

:)

Kanebuddy, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Thanatica Win User

Touchpad: Tap twice to drag

Here's how it works standardly:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger to stop dragging

Here's what I like it to do:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger
    5. Reposition finger and continue dragging by flicking the touchpad some more
    6. (repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as desired)
    7. Release finger and perform one addditional tap to stop dragging

That's what it used to be like in the Windows 7 era with most touchpads. Some people found it annoying and disabled it, but I welcomed it.

I know dragging continues when your finger reaches the touchpad edges, but that I find greatly irritating because it looses all sense of precision. This mechanism is stupendously irritating when trying to pixel-precise drag a trackbar, or when doing some
    painting in photoshop on the go. Or just anything that requires precision.

So I'd like to disable "drag continues at touchpad edge" and enable "require additional tap to stop dragging".

So how can I do that?

If not possible, then please consider this a feature request.

Thanatica, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Chickie Win User
    Elan touchpad randomly activates tapping after I have disabled tapping

I have gone through the process of disabling tapping. Sometime later the cursor will send me some place unexpected because tapping has returned. Usually if I go to Settings, Devices, Mouse & Touchpad, additional mouse options, that stops the tapping. Occasionally I have to go to the Elan tab and Options before it will go away. The "tapping" box is not checked. Driver is up to date. I've tried a bunch of different things - disabling the touchpad, reinstalling the driver. I can't find anything in my Internet searches for this issue.

Chickie, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Disable tap to click on touchpad. - Similar Threads - Disable tap click

2. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop: Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried numerous other guides and fixes but nothing will work.To be clear, I do not want to disable the touchpad. I just want to be able...
  3. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop: Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried numerous other guides and fixes but nothing will work.To be clear, I do not want to disable the touchpad. I just want to be able...
  4. Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad: Hi, recently I searched how to disable tapping and so far nothing worked. On the Windows' settings app I could not find any "Disable" options anywhere. I also tried to go to the Registry Editor but there was no "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics" or similar directory....
  5. How to disable tap clicking?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable tap clicking?: I cant stand tap clicking, how can I disable it? In other versions of windows I was able to do it pretty easily in the settings, but now I cant find the option. Anyone know how to do it? submitted by /u/MrYoshi411 [link] [comments]...
  6. How to disable double tap on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable double tap on touchpad: After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature. Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the layout of windows when there was no need to. Before the update is was very easy to do. Please can someone show me how to turn...
  7. How to disable tap to click

How to disable tap to click: I have tried pretty much everything people have said online but nothing works! either the tabs aren't there or the solutions just don't work. I am at my wit's end! Computer is an Alienware Area 51m...
  8. Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?

Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?: I have a HP Pavilion Power laptop 15-cb0xx and its been going on for a while, but kinda getting a bit worse, that my touchpad can act very erratic at times with the mouse cursor just jumping about when i'm trying to do some work. But the weird thing is, it only seams to...
  9. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  10. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver to turn off tap tpo click for synaptics touchpad

2. how to turn touchpad tapping off on aug. 26 2019?