Windows 10: disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10

Discus and support disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Your instructions for removing tapping from my laptop's touchpad ask me to navigate as follows: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by malcolmcumming1, Jun 7, 2019.

1. disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10

Your instructions for removing tapping from my laptop's touchpad ask me to navigate as follows:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization, then Themes.
    3. Select Mouse pointer settings

There is no "Mouse pointer settings" when I get to "Themes".

I just switched from Win 7 to 10. Now I cannot use my machine because whenever I touch the mouse pad, the pointer jumps down 1" - 2". I can scroll up about 1.5" before I have to remove my finger and touch the bottom, and then the pointer drops another 1" - 2".

I NEED TO TURN OFF THE TAP OPTION!

:)

malcolmcumming1, Jun 7, 2019
  2. arliedog Win User

Disable touch pad after installing Windows 10

I have a Synaptics touch pad on my HP Envy laptop. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 if I went to mouse in the control panel there was a checkbox to check to disable the touch pad if a external mouse was detected. This worked fine. Now under Windows 10 I can still check the box to disable the touch pad but the setting does not stick and has to be rechecked after every reboot. Is there a way to get this setting to stick? There is no disable setting in the device manager for the Synaptics touch pad.

arliedog, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Disable touch pad after installing Windows 10

Hello - I am having a problem too. Upgraded my Mom's computer to Windows 10 and I go in and check the box "Disable track pad when USB device is in" however after each reboot it comes right back on and it is frustrating as she rests heavily on the trackpad as she prefers using a mouse. Please help!

bphunter07, Jun 7, 2019
  4. disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10

disable mouse pad on windows 10

I have a Asus laptop computer, Mod. number X53E. I have tried everything suggested to disable my touch pad mouse but none of the suggestions have help me disable it. Help.

wayne dumanski, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10

1. disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable tapping touch

2. Touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch pad: How do I disable the touchpad? I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 1809 on an HP Pavilion laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad/85c0f42e-9ae0-4ba1-ac8a-cd9bf7b98c3e
  3. touch pad

touch pad: I own an HP envy x360. With Windows ten. But whenever I try to move my cursor on the touchpad and hold down a key at the same time. It won't let me. Is there any way to change this. Thank you....
  4. touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad in Windows 10? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad/459a2023-583c-43c2-80a3-9b7774e72d48
  5. Touch Pad

Touch Pad: I just purchased my HP Envy 17 yesterday! I love it!. I am having a problem with my touch pad not working correctly. It will disable at random times. I can still move the cursor but essentially it will not let me "tap" or "click"...
  6. touch pad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    touch pad: I tried many ways to fix my touch pad but I cannot solve it until now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad/a91fe774-1059-443e-ac5f-eef94631e82c
  7. touch pad

touch pad: I have an hp windows 10 laptop. I exclusively use the mouse or the touch capability. I want to turn the touch pad off as it gets in the way as i'm typing. how do I do this...
  8. touch pad

touch pad: I bought a acer aspire 3, when I was trying to configure the touch pad settings and turned off touchpad. Am unable to turn on the touch pad even after restarting. can anyone help me with this issue ??...
  9. Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy

Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy: After reviewing all the questions and responses, poking at every possible menu window I could find. I followed the suggestion of placing a mousepad over the touch pad. :-) I recommend one of thin mouse pads fold it in half, tuck one half under the notebook and the top half...
  10. Disable touch pad after installing Windows 10

Disable touch pad after installing Windows 10: I have a Synaptics touch pad on my HP Envy laptop. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 if I went to mouse in the control panel there was a checkbox to check to disable the touch pad if a external mouse was detected. This worked fine. Now under Windows 10 I can still check the...