Windows 10: disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10

Discus and support disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Your instructions for removing tapping from my laptop's touchpad ask me to navigate as follows: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by malcolmcumming1, Jun 7, 2019.

1. disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10

Your instructions for removing tapping from my laptop's touchpad ask me to navigate as follows:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization, then Themes.
    3. Select Mouse pointer settings

There is no "Mouse pointer settings" when I get to "Themes".

I just switched from Win 7 to 10. Now I cannot use my machine because whenever I touch the mouse pad, the pointer jumps down 1" - 2". I can scroll up about 1.5" before I have to remove my finger and touch the bottom, and then the pointer drops another 1" - 2".

I NEED TO TURN OFF THE TAP OPTION!

:)

malcolmcumming1, Jun 7, 2019
  2. arliedog Win User

Disable touch pad after installing Windows 10

I have a Synaptics touch pad on my HP Envy laptop. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 if I went to mouse in the control panel there was a checkbox to check to disable the touch pad if a external mouse was detected. This worked fine. Now under Windows 10 I can still check the box to disable the touch pad but the setting does not stick and has to be rechecked after every reboot. Is there a way to get this setting to stick? There is no disable setting in the device manager for the Synaptics touch pad.

arliedog, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Disable touch pad after installing Windows 10

Hello - I am having a problem too. Upgraded my Mom's computer to Windows 10 and I go in and check the box "Disable track pad when USB device is in" however after each reboot it comes right back on and it is frustrating as she rests heavily on the trackpad as she prefers using a mouse. Please help!

bphunter07, Jun 7, 2019
  4. disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10

disable mouse pad on windows 10

I have a Asus laptop computer, Mod. number X53E. I have tried everything suggested to disable my touch pad mouse but none of the suggestions have help me disable it. Help.

wayne dumanski, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10

1. disable tapping on touch pad / Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable tapping touch

2. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable touch pad: Trying to disable touch pad on HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/5444f394-2dbf-4eca-a224-78246b4fd0fd
  3. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable touch pad: Trying to disable touch pad on HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/5444f394-2dbf-4eca-a224-78246b4fd0fd
  4. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  5. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  6. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable touch pad: disable touch pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/997b2e32-56f8-4509-8a81-b85222278f94
  8. disable touch pad

disable touch pad: Every other time windows updates 10 it re-enables the touch pad on my MSI laptop. I am unable to disable it manually unless I uninstall the windows updates. WHY????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/09c350d4-4a50-4417-90cc-e8b90b7b4e4d
  9. Disable Touch Pad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Touch Pad.: Hello to the Microsoft Community, I have a HP Laptop, about 7 months old, running Windows 10, Intel core i5 processor, 8.00 GB Ram, 64bit operating system, x 64 bit-based processor. No pen or touch input. I recently did a windows 10 upgrade to 1909 the latest edition....
  10. Disable Touch Pad

Disable Touch Pad: How can I disable the touchpad on my new HP laptop when there is no touchpad tab under devices? I use a mouse exclusively, and have a difficult time not touching the touch pad when I type. It's really annoying to have to keep searching for my cursor....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad tapping

2. how do i no op the track pad

3. disable tapping on touchpad

4. windows10 Synaptics disable,
  5. windows 10 disable tapping