Windows 10: Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad

Discus and support Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brad_525, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Brad_525 Win User

Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad

I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop.

I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization, then Themes.
    3. Select Mouse pointer settings.
    4. Then, click on the last tab called Device settings (might be different from other computers) and again on Settings.
    5. A new window will pop-up with the Pointer options. Just uncheck Tapping.

These instructions DO NOT work for me. There is no "Mouse Pointer Settings"in Themes, there is a "Mouse Cursor" link, and this brings up "Mouse Properties", however there is no "Device Settings" tab, and the last tab, "Hardware" has no Settings button or anything anywhere about Tapping, nor do any other tabs. There IS a "Properties" button with a "Devices" field listing the Synaptics Touchpad, but if I click on "Change Settings", there is still nothing about tapping anywhere, and the "Change Settings" button on the "Resources" tab is greyed-out.

Settings does have "Devices > Touchpad", however the only option on there is for Sensitivity, and the "Additional Settings" link below points back to "Mouse Properties".

Drivers have been updated twice and I've searched everywhere I can think of to find this option. (There are also no options about gestures if that's related at all.)

:)

Brad_525, Oct 8, 2018

2. How to disable the tapping function on the synaptics touchpad Windows 10?

I'm sorry but it doesn't answer the question. The problem here is that the Synaptics Clickpad driver/softer version 19.0.12.95 specifically for Windows 10 will not save the profile or configuration. If I uncheck the "tap to click" option on the settings--it
    works without any problems. BUT if I restart the my Windows 10 Home computer (HP Spectre X360) computer--the "tap to click" check mark comes back--and I have to check it again to disable it. This is very annoying! There's no way to disable it using the regedit
    option--from the link you reference above.

I am having the exact same problem with the Synaptics Touchpad 2.0 on my HP Pavilion Laptop. Every time Windows 10 restarts, the Touchpad settings revert back to the "tapping" button being checked/activated. Quite frustrating as this never happened with Windows
    7 or 8.1 prior on this same computer. Please fix this issue Microsoft.

ThomasFrisch, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad

How to disable the tapping function on the synaptics touchpad Windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to disable the tapping function on the synaptic touchpad in Windows 10.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    ”Jessen P” replied on January 7, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...kpad-for/83b46bd3-034b-4453-b057-0fdb56bda3e1

Note:
    The steps mentioned in the above article holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad

1. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad - Similar Threads - Disable Tapping Synaptics

2. Synaptics Touchpad Drivers Issue / alternatively: PS/2 Touchpad Tap to Click Disable? MSI...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics Touchpad Drivers Issue / alternatively: PS/2 Touchpad Tap to Click Disable? MSI...: Hello, I have a MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE and everything was running fine until windows forced a major update to windows 10 in January. While everything installed correctly, I found that my mouse had lost sensitivity, it just didn't move the way that it did in the past. I...
  3. Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad

Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad: Hi, recently I searched how to disable tapping and so far nothing worked. On the Windows' settings app I could not find any "Disable" options anywhere. I also tried to go to the Registry Editor but there was no "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics" or similar directory....
  4. Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad

Cannot Disable Synaptics touchpad: First, I have reviewed all the relevant threads and followed all suggestions. HP laptop running Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909. There is no "Clickpad" or "Touchpad" button under my mouse settings. There is no checkbox to "Leave touchpad on when external mouse connected." I have even...
  5. Disable Synaptics Touchpad

Disable Synaptics Touchpad: I have an HP Envy laptop running Windows 10. I use a mouse and hate the touchpad, but I cannot figure out how to disable it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-synaptics-touchpad/d0e33c97-4c3e-4799-befa-f0a907cfc930
  6. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  7. Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Option to disable tap to click in Synaptics Touchpad missing after Windows update: With the latest update (about 1 week ago) that happened outside of the "Update Tuesday" update, the old way of disabling the tap to click for my touchpad is gone. The last "Device Settings Tab" no longer appears. There is no way to get to the one checkbox that I need to....
  8. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  9. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...
  10. Synaptics touchpad windows 10 wont disable

Synaptics touchpad windows 10 wont disable: i understand i have asked this before, but my touchpad still refuses to disable. i have tried 5 different versions of the synaptics driver, and i believe im currently running on the best version (according to my laptop). if i go to control pannel and disable it from there its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable synaptics touchpad windows 10

2. turn off tap on touchpad windows 10

3. disable touchpad tapping windows 10

4. disable tapping on touchpad windows 10,
  5. disable tapping,
  6. disable synaptic touchpad,
  7. turn tapping off on,
  8. turn off touch pad tapping,
  9. touchpad tapping disable,
  10. can someone tell me why i cant turn off tapping on my lenovo,
  11. remove touchpad tapping,