Windows 10: Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad

Discus and support Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brad_525, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Brad_525 Win User

Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad

I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop.

I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization, then Themes.
    3. Select Mouse pointer settings.
    4. Then, click on the last tab called Device settings (might be different from other computers) and again on Settings.
    5. A new window will pop-up with the Pointer options. Just uncheck Tapping.

These instructions DO NOT work for me. There is no "Mouse Pointer Settings"in Themes, there is a "Mouse Cursor" link, and this brings up "Mouse Properties", however there is no "Device Settings" tab, and the last tab, "Hardware" has no Settings button or anything anywhere about Tapping.

Settings does have "Devices > Touchpad", however the only option on there is for Sensitivity, and the "Additional Settings" link below points back to "Mouse Properties".

Drivers have been updated twice and I've searched everywhere I can think of to find this option. (There are also no options about gestures if that's related at all.)

:)

Brad_525, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Thanatica Win User

Touchpad: Tap twice to drag

Here's how it works standardly:

• Tap twice
    • Hold down on the second tap
    • Move around and you're dragging
    • Release finger to stop dragging

Here's what I like it to do:

• Tap twice
    • Hold down on the second tap
    • Move around and you're dragging
    • Release finger
    • Reposition finger and continue dragging by flicking the touchpad some more
    • (repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as desired)
    • Release finger and perform one addditional tap to stop dragging

That's what it used to be like in the Windows 7 era with most touchpads. Some people found it annoying and disabled it, but I welcomed it.

I know dragging continues when your finger reaches the touchpad edges, but that I find greatly irritating because it looses all sense of precision. This mechanism is stupendously irritating when trying to pixel-precise drag a trackbar, or when doing some
    painting in photoshop on the go. Or just anything that requires precision.

So I'd like to disable "drag continues at touchpad edge" and enable "require additional tap to stop dragging".

So how can I do that?

If not possible, then please consider this a feature request.

Thanatica, Oct 8, 2018
  3. How to disable the tapping function on the synaptics touchpad Windows 10?

I'm sorry but it doesn't answer the question. The problem here is that the Synaptics Clickpad driver/softer version 19.0.12.95 specifically for Windows 10 will not save the profile or configuration. If I uncheck the "tap to click" option on the settings--it
    works without any problems. BUT if I restart the my Windows 10 Home computer (HP Spectre X360) computer--the "tap to click" check mark comes back--and I have to check it again to disable it. This is very annoying! There's no way to disable it using the regedit
    option--from the link you reference above.

I am having the exact same problem with the Synaptics Touchpad 2.0 on my HP Pavilion Laptop. Every time Windows 10 restarts, the Touchpad settings revert back to the "tapping" button being checked/activated. Quite frustrating as this never happened with Windows
    7 or 8.1 prior on this same computer. Please fix this issue Microsoft.

ThomasFrisch, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad - Similar Threads - Disable Tapping Touchpad

2. How do I disable tapping on my Windows 10 touchpad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable tapping on my Windows 10 touchpad.: There is no option for doing this anywhere in the mouse settings. I have the touchpad sensitivity on lowest and things still keep opening when I scroll, it makes browsing the internet almost unusable....
  3. How to disable tapping on touchpad in windows 10 v 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable tapping on touchpad in windows 10 v 2004: I can't seem to find the touchpad settings to disable tap clicks or allow for two finger scrolling. On my other computers it's just under settings>devices>touchpad but those options aren't there on this new one. Has a synaptics SMBus touchpad...
  4. Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad

Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad: Hi, recently I searched how to disable tapping and so far nothing worked. On the Windows' settings app I could not find any "Disable" options anywhere. I also tried to go to the Registry Editor but there was no "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics" or similar directory....
  5. How to disable double tap on touchpad

How to disable double tap on touchpad: After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature. Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the layout of windows when there was no need to. Before the update is was very easy to do. Please can someone show me how to turn...
  6. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  7. Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?

Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?: I have a HP Pavilion Power laptop 15-cb0xx and its been going on for a while, but kinda getting a bit worse, that my touchpad can act very erratic at times with the mouse cursor just jumping about when i'm trying to do some work. But the weird thing is, it only seams to...
  8. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad

Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  9. Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows How to Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand. The...
  10. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable tapping touchpad

2. disable tapping in windows 10

3. disable tapping windows 10

4. turn off tap on touchpad windows 10,
  5. disable touchpad tapping windows 10,
  6. turn off touchpad tapping windows 10,
  7. disable touchpad tap windows 10,
  8. disable touchpad tapping,
  9. msi touchpad disable tapping,
  10. disable taps on touchpad,
  11. how to disable tapping on windows 10,