Windows 10: Disable Taskbar Context Menus for 'press and hold' (drag) ONLY??

Discus and support Disable Taskbar Context Menus for 'press and hold' (drag) ONLY?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, does anyone know if there's way to disable the taskbar context menus from being triggered by 'press and hold' ONLY? I use a regular pc and mouse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jojo10, Mar 11, 2021.

1. jojo10 Win User

Disable Taskbar Context Menus for 'press and hold' (drag) ONLY??

Hi, does anyone know if there's way to disable the taskbar context menus from being triggered by 'press and hold' ONLY? I use a regular pc and mouse, not a touchscreen, I don't need the ability to bring up those menus by dragging, but I don't want to disable them entirely, I just want to right-click to get them. The problem is, whenever I accidentally move my mouse slightly while clicking on a taskbar icon, the context menu pops up, and then I accidentally click something like "Unpin from taskbar" or "Close all windows"... it's SO annoying!

:)

jojo10, Mar 11, 2021

2. Drag & Drop from taskbar context menus - Windows 10

Hi,

Just wanted to know if there is any way to drag & drop from Windows 10 taskbar context-menus? I used to be able to do this from Win8, but this feature seems to be disable with Win10.

Thanx

BarendKoorzen, Mar 11, 2021
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Explorer context menus immediately over-rides Drag & Drop

Thenin, may I suggest alternative way …
    - For copying items press Ctrl and drag selection with (left button) mouse (could be more than one file...)
    - for moving items, press SHIFT and drag selection with (left button) mouse

balloon text will appear, noticing what is to be done...

holding CTRL and drag …………….. holding SHIFT and drag

Disable Taskbar Context Menus for 'press and hold' (drag) ONLY?? [​IMG]

Disable Taskbar Context Menus for 'press and hold' (drag) ONLY?? [​IMG]

AndreTen, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Disable Taskbar Context Menus for 'press and hold' (drag) ONLY??

Drag & Drop from taskbar context menus - Windows 10

Hi Thofikh,

Thank you for the reply.

Just to confirm that we are talking about the same context-menus (because it was a feature that was present on Win8) - I would like to use an example:

I have MS Excel pinned to my taskbar. When I right-click on the app, a (context-)menu pops up to show the most recently used files. In Win8 I used to be able to drag & drop from this menu, but not so with Win10.

Any help? How would I enable this feature?

Regards,

Barend

BarendKoorzen, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Disable Taskbar Context Menus for 'press and hold' (drag) ONLY??

1. Disable Taskbar Context Menus for 'press and hold' (drag) ONLY?? - Similar Threads - Disable Taskbar Context

2. No Full-Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  3. No Full-Context Menus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Full-Context Menus?: I've upgraded to the new Windows 11 and I wanted to move the taskbar to the top, But all I see is a useless "Taskbar Settings" Button. Do you think theseare messy popups? They are not. So is there an official way to make these full context?...
  4. Pinned Taskbar apps context menus dont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned Taskbar apps context menus dont work: When I right-click a pinned app the context menu shows up but if I left-click any of the option it doesn't do anything and the context menu stays up...
  5. Taskbar shortcuts' context menus diminished

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shortcuts' context menus diminished: Win10 Pro (20H2, says winver). Updated from 2004; visually unchanged, including taskbar. Taskbar shortcuts' context menus are less useful, containing only - unpin - close (if referenced program is running). Formerly the menu contained also the name, whose submenu...
  6. Context Menus - (Inconsistencies)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context Menus - (Inconsistencies): If you're not keen on the 'larger' spacing on some Explorer right click context menus, or, have applied a different 'text size' and, perhaps applied 'Bold' but find that the modifications do not adhere, here's a quick Registry modification to fix that. If you are...
  7. Explorer context menus immediately over-rides Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer context menus immediately over-rides Drag & Drop: The vast majority of the time, whenever I try to drag & drop files from one folder to another while pressing the right mouse button in Explorer (i.e, to change the behavior from the default to either copy or move), the Explorer context menu almost immediately takes over,...
  8. Enable or Disable Taskbar Context Menus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Context Menus in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Taskbar Context Menus in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Taskbar Context Menus in Windows 10 When you perform one of the actions below, you will see a taskbar context menu. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar Press and hold Shift...
  9. Taskbar & Context Menus not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar & Context Menus not displaying correctly: This problem occurred after updating some programs using Secunia's PSI, although I don't believe the updates caused this (more later). Problems seen: Taskbar & its icons are displayed in a corrupted form (see screenshot) Date/Time is missing from the Notification area of...
  10. Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10 A context menu is a menu in a graphical user interface (GUI) that appears when you right-click on an item in Windows. A context menu offers a limited set...