Windows 10: Disable taskbar lock?

Discus and support Disable taskbar lock? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When I open a window that is maximized, sometimes the taskbar locks and a white line appears, and I can't open the taskbar unless I press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tejomo5141, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Disable taskbar lock?

/u/tejomo5141, Apr 8, 2021

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Disable taskbar lock?

My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Disable taskbar lock?

1. Disable taskbar lock? - Similar Threads - Disable taskbar lock

2. How to disable Lock the Taskbar option in Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Lock the Taskbar option in Windows 10 Settings: Lock the Taskbar setting prevents users from customizing the Taskbar, like changing its place, resizing it, etc. By turning this feature ON, you can prevent your Taskbar from moving or resizing accidentally. If you share your computer with another person, he can easily...
  3. Disable taskbar lock?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable taskbar lock?: When I open a window that is maximized, sometimes the taskbar locks and a white line appears, and I can't open the taskbar unless I press the windows key. How do I stop this? [img] (If you cant see the line open it in new tab) 177670
  4. Taskbar Locking continuously

Taskbar Locking continuously: My taskbar keeps locking which makes an issue when using Excel as it hides the tabs at the bottom of the Excel spread sheet. I have to have Task Manager open to continually restart Windows Explorer. I am given to understand that this will resolve itself with the new update...
  5. Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling"

Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling": Hello Can I somehow disable the rotation lock greying out? I want to always choose if automatic rotation should be on or off. Basically I want so that computer NEVER decides if rotation lock should be on or off and I always need to decide if its on or off. [ATTACH]...
  6. Lock or Unlock Taskbar

Lock or Unlock Taskbar: Windows - 10 -- What are the consequences of locking or unlocking the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-or-unlock-taskbar/b8e9ee84-49db-4584-aecf-7455261db846
  7. Lock the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock the taskbar?: In taskbar settings there is an option to lock the taskbar. I've tried on and off and can't tell what the difference is. Google is silent on the issue, though there are lots of instructions how to do it. What is it? 118959
  8. Disable the Lock Screen?

Disable the Lock Screen?: Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks 6552
  9. Lock taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock taskbar: is it really important to lock the taskbar windows 10 ?. Also how many icon are aloud to show in taskbar near the clock? Thanks. 75502
  10. Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...