Windows 10: Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted?

Discus and support Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Whenever I boot up my laptop (hp spectre) several pages open up on my computer, such as Amazon Prime Music, Spotify, Microsoft Teams (always)... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Apfelbaum940, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted?

Hello,

Whenever I boot up my laptop (hp spectre) several pages open up on my computer, such as Amazon Prime Music, Spotify, Microsoft Teams (always) and sometimes, if used before, Word, Internet Explorer etc. I have to close them all before I can really use the laptop and that costs time and annoys me because it is slower at the beginning.

How can I make it so that nothing opens automatically as soon as I boot my laptop.

Automatic Quick Start is already disabled under System Preferences and Power Options.

Thanks a lot

:)

Apfelbaum940, Jun 23, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Disable automatics updates

Hi MelissaRobinson3.

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

You can try to disable automatic updates starting from the point that automatic updates behave like any service. Follow these steps:

* Press the Windows + R key, type services.msc in the execution bar and press the Enter key.

* In the list of processes locate the Windows Update and open it by clicking on it.

* To disable it, in the General tab, look for the field "Type of start" and change it to "Disabled".

* Restart the PC and the automatic updates will have gone down in history.

If at any time you want to activate them again, simply follow these steps again and change the startup type to "Automatic".

DouglasMillar69, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted?

itunes opening automatically on login

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to stop iTunes to open automatically:

• Open Task Manager.

• Select the Startup Tab.

• Right click any app in the Startup menu and select Disable.
    If this does not fix the issue, then this needs to be taken care during installation of iTunes, so you may uninstall iTunes and reinstall it and make sure you check for the startup option during the setup wizard of iTunes.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted?

1. Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted? - Similar Threads - Disable automatic opening

2. How to stop "This PC" page after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop "This PC" page after boot: Every computer I've ever used defaults to the desktop after logging in, but for some reason my laptop starts with the "This PC" page and I find it annoying. I normally manage to find solutions myself, but I've looked everywhere and can't find the answer. How do I get it to go...
  3. How to stop "This PC" page after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop "This PC" page after boot: Every computer I've ever used defaults to the desktop after logging in, but for some reason my laptop starts with the "This PC" page and I find it annoying. I normally manage to find solutions myself, but I've looked everywhere and can't find the answer. How do I get it to go...
  4. PC stuck at automatic repair page

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC stuck at automatic repair page: My Lenovo Thinkpad is in the middle of an automatic repair. tried every internet procedure, but to no avail. Bitlocker has locked the D: drive, so I've attempted numerous methods to retrieve the recovery password and key, including checking my Microsoft account. There is no...
  5. PC stuck at automatic repair page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck at automatic repair page: My Lenovo Thinkpad is in the middle of an automatic repair. tried every internet procedure, but to no avail. Bitlocker has locked the D: drive, so I've attempted numerous methods to retrieve the recovery password and key, including checking my Microsoft account. There is no...
  6. PC stuck at automatic repair page

7. "This PC" window opens automatically after login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This PC" window opens automatically after login: Every time I boot my laptop "This PC" window opens. I tried few fixes that I found on Google but the problem still persists. I would appreciate any recommendations that would fix this problem. My Windows specifications are as below. Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 21H2...
  8. "This PC" window opens automatically after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This PC" window opens automatically after login: Every time I boot my laptop "This PC" window opens. I tried few fixes that I found on Google but the problem still persists. I would appreciate any recommendations that would fix this problem. My Windows specifications are as below. Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version: 21H2...
  9. "This PC" window opens automatically after login

10. Open the Boot Menu at PC Start Automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Open the Boot Menu at PC Start Automatically?: I have 2 operating systems on my PC (on one SSD) and I always have to press F11 before Windows starts for this boot menu or something... How do I make it start automatically/is that possible? Boot Menu bei PC Start Automatisch öffnen?