Windows 10: Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted?

Discus and support Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Whenever I boot up my laptop (hp spectre) several pages open up on my computer, such as Amazon Prime Music, Spotify, Microsoft Teams (always)... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Apfelbaum940, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted?

Hello,

Whenever I boot up my laptop (hp spectre) several pages open up on my computer, such as Amazon Prime Music, Spotify, Microsoft Teams (always) and sometimes, if used before, Word, Internet Explorer etc. I have to close them all before I can really use the laptop and that costs time and annoys me because it is slower at the beginning.

How can I make it so that nothing opens automatically as soon as I boot my laptop.

Automatic Quick Start is already disabled under System Preferences and Power Options.

Thanks a lot

:)

Apfelbaum940, Jun 23, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Disable automatics updates

Hi MelissaRobinson3.

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

You can try to disable automatic updates starting from the point that automatic updates behave like any service. Follow these steps:

* Press the Windows + R key, type services.msc in the execution bar and press the Enter key.

* In the list of processes locate the Windows Update and open it by clicking on it.

* To disable it, in the General tab, look for the field "Type of start" and change it to "Disabled".

* Restart the PC and the automatic updates will have gone down in history.

If at any time you want to activate them again, simply follow these steps again and change the startup type to "Automatic".

DouglasMillar69, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted?

itunes opening automatically on login

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to stop iTunes to open automatically:

• Open Task Manager.

• Select the Startup Tab.

• Right click any app in the Startup menu and select Disable.
    If this does not fix the issue, then this needs to be taken care during installation of iTunes, so you may uninstall iTunes and reinstall it and make sure you check for the startup option during the setup wizard of iTunes.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted?

1. Disable the automatic opening of pages after the PC has booted? - Similar Threads - Disable automatic opening

2. My PC automatically scrolls down pages.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC automatically scrolls down pages.: When I'm using my PC and browsing web pages or simply using PowerPoint, the pages keep scrolling down even if I'm not using the scroll wheel. I can't do work and need a solution quickly. I've tried re-establishing wireless connections and restarting the computer but it...
  3. PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting: [IMG]This appeared on my screen when i turned it on and I restarted it many times but it didnt work. I went to the advanced options and tried to trouble shoot but it also couldnt help me. I clicked Reset this pc after I clicked troubleshoot this pc but it just told me it...
  4. How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?: Every time I download a picture from the internet, the Photos app insists on automatically opening it and displaying it to me. If I download many photos, it opens many times. How do I disable photos from automatically opening pictures that I download? If I want them opened,...
  5. Windows10 boot menu automatic opening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows10 boot menu automatic opening: In my windows 10 on hp lap..... ...There is a problem with my boot menu i tried to switch on my lap it starts with automatically with boot menu if anyone have same problem or who knows how to solve it please help. .?...
  6. Start page open the Microsoft page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start page open the Microsoft page: It’s really annoying but I cannot set Google as a start page. Whatever I do ends in with Microsoft page. I changed browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, I.E. but no avail. I tried to set the start page in all browsers to Google but also no avail. I don’t know what else I can do...
  7. Stop Windows Automatically Re-Opening Applications After Booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Windows Automatically Re-Opening Applications After Booting: Recently whenever I boot my computer Windows automatically opens some applications that were open when my computer was last shut down. This is very annoying; I don't want anything (other than applications I've specified to start on start-up) to load when I restart my...
  8. Who has disabled automatic updates in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Who has disabled automatic updates in Windows 10?: With the Anniversary Update coming it got me wondering if I should disable automatic updates. I think I understand how to do it but wonder if I should? When I had Win 7 and Win 8 I set WU to notify me and I would decide which updates to install. there were very few I didn't...
  9. Programs are opening automatically after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs are opening automatically after reboot: Since Fall Creators Update, Windows remembers which applications were open at the time of system shutdown, and launches them automatically at system startup. How can I disable this behavior? 97312
  10. USB (Thumbdrive) has Explorer automatically opening

in Windows 10 Support
    USB (Thumbdrive) has Explorer automatically opening: Here's something absolutely startling that's been happening lately. When I insert a USB drive into my computer, close down Windows Explorer, put the machine to sleep and then decide it's had enough rest so awaken it, Windows Explorer will automatically pop up. If I remove...