Windows 10: Disable the file display groups in file explorer

Discus and support Disable the file display groups in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to disable file explorer from sorting the files in groups. It keeps putting the files in to groupings and telling me how many files are in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DougVillaire, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Disable the file display groups in file explorer

I want to disable file explorer from sorting the files in groups. It keeps putting the files in to groupings and telling me how many files are in this groups. For example Q-Z 2. Really. I do not like this. It is like my email trying to sort by today, earlier in the week, and so on. I want to disable this feature.

:)

DougVillaire, Mar 23, 2020

2. jpg's and mp3's not grouping correctly in File Explorer

The other issue is that some software sorts files using the other method.

If you have a lot of images you need to use multiple digits for all files (e.g. image001 ... image010 ... image100, etc.) otherwise the display order will be messed up.
    Using multiple digits will ensure that they are displayed/listed the same in File Explorer and programs.

For folders, I use a numeric prefix to list them in a specific order.

Disable the file display groups in file explorer [​IMG]

lehnerus2000, Mar 23, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Disable the file display groups in file explorer

File explorer (Grouping files)

I already do something very similar, i was just hoping to be able to have the files in groups rather then as a long list. Hopefully someone knows how to edit these inbuilt group options.

It is odd if windows added a group option, to group files, but wont let me create any groups to categorize the files in. Disable the file display groups in file explorer :(

ChrisKongsh, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Disable the file display groups in file explorer

1. Disable the file display groups in file explorer - Similar Threads - Disable file display

2. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: Exact same question, still occurring in Windows 11 for a long time now. The only reply in that thread didn't help, so I'm asking for more help."I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not...
  3. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: Exact same question, still occurring in Windows 11 for a long time now. The only reply in that thread didn't help, so I'm asking for more help."I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not...
  4. Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?: I really dislike that it automatically activated the grouping by date after this last update, in everything, and it is kind of annoying to have to right clikc and select the "group by none" every single time, I move something from one folder to another and next time I open...
  5. Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?

Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?: I really dislike that it automatically activated the grouping by date after this last update, in everything, and it is kind of annoying to have to right clikc and select the "group by none" every single time, I move something from one folder to another and next time I open...
  6. File Explorer Grouping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Grouping: I recently upgraded to 22H2. i want my folders to look like this instead it keeps resetting to thisI've tried doing this but it keeps resetting to defaults https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-grouping/07eb0397-6b70-4ab2-a9a8-6b2352cf94dd
  7. File Explorer Grouping

File Explorer Grouping: I recently upgraded to 22H2. i want my folders to look like this instead it keeps resetting to thisI've tried doing this but it keeps resetting to defaults https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-grouping/07eb0397-6b70-4ab2-a9a8-6b2352cf94dd
  8. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not foresee any universe in which I would want this setting. It keeps turning itself ON randomly on a folder that I may be working on.Yes, I know how to...
  9. Group By in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Group By in File Explorer: Hello, Each time I open "Downloads" folder in file explorer, its "Grouped By". Have to select "None" to view it normally. Next time its again "Grouped By". How do I get rid of this and set it to be always as "None". Answers will be appreciated. Thanks Window 10 pro x 64,...
  10. How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The File Explorer is the ultimate tool for browsing files on storage on a Windows 10 computer. It provides a great sense of customization for both listing and performing operations on a file. A user can arrange the files and [...] This post How to disable...