Windows 10: disable the Quick Access toolbar

Discus and support disable the Quick Access toolbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Quick Access toolbar comes up and interferes with my search. I never need anything in the Quick Access folder. I am usually looking for something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JenniferJewett, Apr 8, 2019.

1. disable the Quick Access toolbar

The Quick Access toolbar comes up and interferes with my search. I never need anything in the Quick Access folder. I am usually looking for something that I did not use recently.

:)

JenniferJewett, Apr 8, 2019

2. update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Disable "Quick Access"

You may try the steps listed for
    v1607 here
    , and reverse the earlier method you used to disable Qa.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Ken Blake Win User

disable the Quick Access toolbar

Quick access toolbar

The quick access toolbar in *what* program and version?

Ken Blake, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

disable the Quick Access toolbar

1. disable the Quick Access toolbar - Similar Threads - disable Quick Access

2. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  3. Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut missing in quick access toolbar.: Hi! How do I add desktop icon or shortcut to a folder quick access toolbar? It went missing after a system update, I guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-missing-in-quick-access-toolbar/87fa877a-171b-4083-9973-9b6067d82bea
  4. Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10: Is there any way to create a Quick Access toolbar for Windows 10? I had that toolbar in both Windows XP and Windows 7. I just got a new desktop and am trying my best to get used to this OS but I'd like to have that Quick Access toolbar back for the stuff I use the most....
  5. Quick Access Toolbar Not saving Pinned Items

Quick Access Toolbar Not saving Pinned Items: Win10PRO ver.20H2 OS build; 19042.804 Short Story; when you open explorer to see C: drive or any other drives, on the Left pane is QUICK ACCESS, Either by dragging something in there or rightclicking and adding it Quick Access, it stays but after a restart of the...
  6. Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing: [ATTACH] Please help me, my quick access toolbar in file explorer is gone.. my view options are still on quick access and i just can seem to find any fix for it.. im thinking of reinstalling windows but i want that to do that as the last option.....
  7. How To Increase Height Of Quick Access Toolbar

How To Increase Height Of Quick Access Toolbar: Is there any way to increase the size (height) of the Quick Access Toolbar, so the icons will show larger? They are on the small size for my old eyes. I am meaning the Explorer toolbar under File, Home, Share, View, Drive Tools as per my screenshot. I know I can expand it by...
  8. Quick access toolbar

Quick access toolbar: I can't retrieve anything from thequick access toolbar & any document I try to access from other places goes to the toolbar. I need those documents but they will not go up from the toolbar...
  9. Disable Quick Access

Disable Quick Access: I read the following thread. Quick access in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I am looking for a faster way to do it with less steps. Does anyone have a .reg or .bat that does everything for you? Can someone make one? 35053
  10. Quick Access Toolbar not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Toolbar not responding: I went to customize the bar but when I clicked on "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" nothing happens. All I can do is add or delete the six options that is presented. I previously customized it and used that a lot! It is a deal breaker for me. Does anyone know of a work around...