Windows 10: Disable the require-sign in upon sleep

Discus and support Disable the require-sign in upon sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It is a struggle as my laptop always sleeps when unattended, even my settings said NEVER. Every time monitor closes/sleeps, I need to logged in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Milette L. Teodosio, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Disable the require-sign in upon sleep

It is a struggle as my laptop always sleeps when unattended, even my settings said NEVER. Every time monitor closes/sleeps, I need to logged in and this is very inconvenient. I tried every settings instructed on this group and found that I need to change "Require sign-in" to NEVER. but on my case, I cannot change it. how can I change this? Thank you!

Disable the require-sign in upon sleep bacacbec-69e5-413a-b43f-ebf862c96134?upload=true.png Disable the require-sign in upon sleep 6d4a905e-9720-4681-9da1-94e581286e9f?upload=true.png Disable the require-sign in upon sleep 19f0e0d0-c019-40c7-80c3-1bac179402ff?upload=true.png

:)

Milette L. Teodosio, Apr 19, 2020

2. password requirement after sleep

To assist you with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to skip password prompt after sleep:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Choose Never from the drop-down menu under Require sign-in to complete the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 19, 2020
  3. mike1127 Win User
    not able to disable driving signing requirement

I'm trying to install a program on Windows 10, from several years ago, and getting the error "A digitally signed driver is required." I looked up how to disable this requirement, and followed the steps.

Shift-Shutdown

Selecting configuration option for startup configurations, reboot

Hitting F7 once I get to the options screen

reboot

And I still get the error while trying to install the program. I tried this a few times to no avail.

mike1127, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Disable the require-sign in upon sleep

How can I disable the password sign in requirement upon wake-up from sleep?

Hi Conor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to disable the password sign in requirement upon wake-up from sleep. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

a) Press Windows key + R.

b) Type control userpasswords2 in the Run dialog.

c) Uncheck the option: Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

d) Click OK.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Disable the require-sign in upon sleep

1. Disable the require-sign in upon sleep - Similar Threads - Disable require sign

2. disable require sign-in in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable require sign-in in windows 11: I want to disable sign in after waking up on windows 11, i already tried on setting, command prompt, group policy editor, registry editor, and nothing works. It says the sign in is disabled, but its not....
  3. disable require sign-in in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable require sign-in in windows 11: I want to disable sign in after waking up on windows 11, i already tried on setting, command prompt, group policy editor, registry editor, and nothing works. It says the sign in is disabled, but its not....
  4. Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep: As of a few days ago, Windows stopped asking me for a password when the computer wakes up from sleep. Basically, I leave my computer and it times out, goes to sleep, and then when I press a key or click the mouse it no longer asks me for my password. How do I fix this?...
  5. Can you not disable "require sign-in" after sleep when using a MS account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you not disable "require sign-in" after sleep when using a MS account?: I've decided to start using sleep on my media centre pc, but it prompts me for my password every time after coming out from sleep. I just tried to disable that but the option is empty. I'm currently using a microsoft account for my account on this pc. I'm wondering whether...
  6. Can't disable "Sign-in password required"

Can't disable "Sign-in password required": Windows 10 Pro version 1909, build 18363.535. Up until recently I wasn't required to enter a password to log in, this is my personal computer at home. I had added my old job's email address a bit ago, but I no longer work there. It wasn't letting me remove it and kept...
  7. disable required sign-in/PIN upon boot

disable required sign-in/PIN upon boot: i did the obvious and disabled PIN which we all know does nothing. i typed netplwiz in the search and unticked the "must enter password to use this computer" box for all users. this seemed to work for a few days but today when i booted up from sleep it asked for my password...
  8. Require sign in from sleep option missing

Require sign in from sleep option missing: On a new Dell XPS 15 in "accounts" section of Windows 10 settings. I want to set it to "when PC wakes from sleep" in the "require sign in" section. All that is listed is "never" or various time intervals. Is there a way to enable it please? Thank you. submitted by...
  9. How to disable the sign in requirement

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable the sign in requirement: How to remove the e-mail account from Windows 10, or how to disable the sign in requirement. [img] I followed the instructions but it did not work. [img] 29291
  10. not able to disable driving signing requirement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not able to disable driving signing requirement: I'm trying to install a program on Windows 10, from several years ago, and getting the error "A digitally signed driver is required." I looked up how to disable this requirement, and followed the steps. Shift-Shutdown Selecting configuration option for startup...