Windows 10: Disable the Settings app and all related sub-menus.

Discus and support Disable the Settings app and all related sub-menus. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Okay I understand Microsoft is trying to make PC management easier but the settings app is garbage. I'm not trying to disable settings to secure my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LandonClark1, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Disable the Settings app and all related sub-menus.

Okay I understand Microsoft is trying to make PC management easier but the settings app is garbage.

I'm not trying to disable settings to secure my PC.

I found that guide, not what I want.

I like the control panel items, the menus actually contain everything you need and in most cases REQUIRE FEWER STEPS TO ACHIEVE YOUR DESIRED RESULT.

Things that used to be a simple right-click are now buried in this garbage app.

The settings app while, pretty and cellphone-esque, is just that.

It belongs on a cellphone not a desktop PC.

Things like the Sounds, devices, printer and network settings are missing several useful items found on their respective control panel menu.

In most cases I have to open control panel anyway to do really basic things.

You can't even right click on devices in Settings to open Properties...

Really?

Stop dumbing things down, you're actually making things more difficult.

Instead of right clicking on the volume button > sounds and getting a useful and small menu that contains everything I need; I get a gigantic and inept 'SETTINGS' menu.

Twice as many mouse clicks to perform the same task.

Please let me turn off this garbage app you made and revert my computer to how windows has been since like 1995...

ABSOLUTELY NO ONE ASKED YOU TO REINVENT THE WHEEL.

LOOK ME IN THE EYE AND TELL ME THE 'SOUNDS' SETTING APP IS IN ANYWAY BETTER THAN THE CONTROL PANEL BOX I USED TO GET.

Network is worse.

Device and printer management is a runaround.

TL;DR

How do I disable Settings app and revert my PC back to Control Panel only?

:)

LandonClark1, Apr 11, 2020

2. Outlook account not working in Mail since November Update 1511

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to troubleshoot with the issue:

• Go to Settings
    • Open the Privacy tab
    • Open the Contacts sub-menu
    • In the list of apps check that access for "App Connector" and "Mail and Calendar" are turned on
    • Open the Calendar sub-menu
    • Check the "Let apps access my Calendar" option is turned on
    • In the list of apps check that access for "App Connector" and "Mail and Calendar" are turned on.
    Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Problems related to windows store app.

Hi Prashant,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to check if the system date and time is correct and disable the proxy if enabled and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check if proxy connection is enabled. If yes, then disable the proxy connection and check the status.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools and then click
      Internet Options.
    • Click on the Connections tab.
    • Click on the LAN Settings
      button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard.
    • Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Disable the Settings app and all related sub-menus.

Windows 10 Mail App Sync Issues

Hi

What do I do if I don't have the privacy options mentioned in steps 4 & 7, or as in step 6, they are already active?

Thx

Rauvin_Of_Selune, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Disable the Settings app and all related sub-menus.

1. Disable the Settings app and all related sub-menus. - Similar Threads - Disable Settings app

2. Windows 11 Remove/Disable 'Related Support' sections in Settings menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Remove/Disable 'Related Support' sections in Settings menus: Is there any way to disable the "Related support" section in Windows 11 Settings?It's very annoying because they blend in with the other sub sections of whatever Settings page and sometimes I end up clicking one of them by mistake which minimizes settings and opens a browser...
  3. Windows 11 Remove/Disable 'Related Support' sections in Settings menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Remove/Disable 'Related Support' sections in Settings menus: Is there any way to disable the "Related support" section in Windows 11 Settings?It's very annoying because they blend in with the other sub sections of whatever Settings page and sometimes I end up clicking one of them by mistake which minimizes settings and opens a browser...
  4. cant open settings all microsoft apps are disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant open settings all microsoft apps are disabled: All of my windows apps are greyed out/disabled or something? Including my settings, so i can't even try to fix the issue with normal tutorials or fixes. Also my microsoft store isn't/can't update apps or such including itself for some reason. All of the microsoft apps are...
  5. cant open settings all microsoft apps are disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open settings all microsoft apps are disabled: All of my windows apps are greyed out/disabled or something? Including my settings, so i can't even try to fix the issue with normal tutorials or fixes. Also my microsoft store isn't/can't update apps or such including itself for some reason. All of the microsoft apps are...
  6. No Settings App Popups - Unable to access menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Settings App Popups - Unable to access menus: Hi, I've recently had need to dive around the settings app & set a few things up, but it seems i am not getting popups for certain buttons. Having checked on another device, menus that should appear for certain buttons do not appear on my main PC, including the menus for:...
  7. How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?

How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?: I'm beginning to get into content creation and streaming, so I've been diving into thing like A/V capture and configuration. Had not realized Windows has finally gotten the point of being able to route specific apps audio to various different hardware and virtual interfaces....
  8. Start sub menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Start sub menus: stop Code: Start sub menus[/quote] in w10 134029
  9. Can sub-menus be changed to display all text in bold?

Can sub-menus be changed to display all text in bold?: As I get older I find that the default menu & sub-menu displays are getting harder to read. I switched the main display scheme to be high contrast, however, the sub-menu displays are still very washed out to me. I am now using the Dark scheme but still the sub-menu displays...
  10. menus are all in Spanish.

menus are all in Spanish.: i purchased a new Lenovo IdeaPad 320 in Mexico and the menus are all in Spanish. I did the settings region and tried to switch it to English so SOME of the software is now in English but the log in and core menus are still in Spanish. How do I get rid of all the Spanish...