Windows 10: Disable the "TAB" behavior on paint.

Discus and support Disable the "TAB" behavior on paint. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't understand the point of adding this feature when you press tab in a textbox and it doesn't tab at all but resizing my box without being able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by K-LysMontréal, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Disable the "TAB" behavior on paint.

I don't understand the point of adding this feature when you press tab in a textbox and it doesn't tab at all but resizing my box without being able to edit text after. This is so annoying, why you don't understand people still use mouse and keyboard, not everyone have a tablet or crappy things. So is there a way to disable this and only do space in text when i press tab instead of resizing the box?

:)

K-LysMontréal, Sep 14, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

MS Paint Tab key grabs transform box in text editor...

Hi Loubms

This is the default behavior in Paint and Paint 3D, Microsoft changed that some time ago, it is not possible to enter a Tab in the text box of either application, the Tab key will alternate between the 8 resize points on the Text box,there is no setting to
    change that behavior . . .

To enter a Tab in a text box in Paint, you can use this keyboard combination:

ALT+09

DaveM121, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    upload a picture in Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the picture.
    • Click on open with.
    • Select paint.
    • You will be able to see the picture in paint.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Sep 14, 2020
  4. xsteveuk Win User

Disable the "TAB" behavior on paint.

Tab key doesn't 'tab' in MS Paint Text Box anymore - is there a fix?

In the search box next to Start on the taskbar, type paint and then select Paint from the list of results.
    And you can select as where to add - it pin to start - pin to taskbar

Disable the "TAB" behavior on paint. [​IMG]

xsteveuk, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Disable the "TAB" behavior on paint.

1. Disable the "TAB" behavior on paint. - Similar Threads - Disable TAB behavior

2. Paint center tab does not show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint center tab does not show: When I'm in Paint and need to bring up the center tab from the bottom or the right side, the little mark there where the center is, is not there.I have to continuously drag my cursor back and forth, back and forth, back and forth until that double arrow shows up, which tells...
  3. Paint center tab does not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint center tab does not show: When I'm in Paint and need to bring up the center tab from the bottom or the right side, the little mark there where the center is, is not there.I have to continuously drag my cursor back and forth, back and forth, back and forth until that double arrow shows up, which tells...
  4. Paint center tab does not show

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. disable alt - tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable alt - tab: is there a way to disable the alt - tab function in windows settings? submitted by /u/Elliot_Ross [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lvg5s3/disable_alt_tab/
  6. Alt+Tab behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt+Tab behavior: I am looking for a way for Alt+Tab to take me back to the last window I was using. Right now when you hit Alt+Tab it takes you to another window of the same program if you have one open. For example, if I have an Explorer window and a Word file both open, and then I open...
  7. Unwanted alt + tab alternation behavior

Unwanted alt + tab alternation behavior: Scenario I have 3 open windows: Visual Studio Code Microsoft Edge Terminal As a developer, it is common to alternate between these tabs constantly. It is/was useful when alternating between these windows to change back to the previous viewed/focused window, not the...
  8. Any fix for the Search tab new behavior?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any fix for the Search tab new behavior?: I remember that, with previous versions of Windows 10, if the user clicked inside the search field in File Explorer, the Search tab was there automatically. Now it appears only if the user clicks inside the field, enters something, and hits Enter or clicks on the arrow icon....
  9. Disabling Overlapping In Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Overlapping In Paint 3D: Hello! My name is Bobby, and I have a minor problem with Paint 3D. So I was working on a Conquest Map where there are Blue and Red territory. And I use the Opacity to 50% to mark them because if I do it with full 100% you can't see the the part of the map that is marked you...
  10. Customize the behavior of windows explorer tabs in taskbar

Customize the behavior of windows explorer tabs in taskbar: 1909 windows 10 pro n [img] If I have like 20 instances of windows explorer open I get the above (already checked show full pathnames in explorer options). I need this behavior to be consistant no matter if I have 1 or 40 windows open I need the full pathname (or a drive...