Windows 10: Disable the task view feature

Discus and support Disable the task view feature in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to disable this annoying feature so it wont appear if i accidentally click the windows key + tab? 130417 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cerawy, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Cerawy Win User

Disable the task view feature

Is it possible to disable this annoying feature so it wont appear if i accidentally click the windows key + tab?

:)

Cerawy, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Roan T Win User

how to disable task view in windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, please clarify the following:

• Do you wish to disable the
      Task View feature completely
      or just remove it from the taskbar?

• Can you send us screenshots of your taskbar and the
      missing Show Task View button option when you right-click on the taskbar?

Regards.

Roan T, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Disable Task View

I don't see any reply from the original Author, but I have the same question.

So in answer to your questions:

1) No I am not. I can already unpin that icon from the taskbar

2) I have three working monitors in extended desktop mode, and I still don't want the task view abomination.

3) I don't understand the purpose of this question.

So let me try to explain clearly what bugs the F'n F out of me.

What seems randomly occurring to me, is that when I am doing some activity:

• Deleting email
    • Clicking a link
    • Getting ready to grab a window
    • Hovering
    • Copy for cut and paste
    • Use an app that produces a pop-up
    • Clicking a new tab in a browser
    • The list goes on and on and on
    The f'ing OS goes into F'ing task view mode. It is THE MOST ANNOYING FEATURE EVER.

I want to disable it.

Please tell me how.

Thank You.

Polaris Alpha Eric, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Disable the task view feature - Similar Threads - Disable task view

2. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  3. Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable/Uninstall Task View Virtual Desktop Feature: I would like to disable Task View on the Taskbar AND render the hotkey combinaiton unusable. I have tried several registry edits that hide task view, however, the keystroke combination Windows Key + Control +D continue to function. Also, if there is a way to uninstall...
  4. Regarding the feature of task view

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Regarding the feature of task view: I have a problem with task view feature that , when I remove something from the timeline , it stays there it gets a little faded and then it stays there. I have taken a screenshot of the problem , Please help. [IMG]...
  5. How to disable task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable task view: I am running windows 10 education because I can get a product key through work. This being said, my work Microsoft account is not linked to my device and I am the sole owner and user of my device. The task view feature drives me insane. I find the clustering of windows...
  6. TASK VIEW

TASK VIEW: Hello, how can i revert back to the old Task View button. It was completely fine before and now its practically unusable. Its extremely had to navigate between desktops and apps themselves....
  7. Task View

Task View: I open Task View to clear all of the things I have done on the computer that day and generally it works. Yesterday and today there are two that won't delete. I even tried to remove it individually and it still won't go. I clicked on it to see if it was still an active task...
  8. Disable Win+Ctrl+D or Task View?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Win+Ctrl+D or Task View?: Hi, I would like to disable this shortcut if possible, windows+ctrl+D. It opens a new desktop sometimes when I'm playing games and is really annoying. I have already disabled all Win+ shortcuts through regedit but this is still happening, if I can't disable that shortcut,...
  9. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639
  10. Problems with Context Menus and Task View Feature?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Context Menus and Task View Feature?: Is anyone else having issues with context menus in Google Chrome or anywhere else besides the desktop itself? Chrome basically won't let me right click to open a new tab and its also not working with some search bars on certain websites, the context menu appears for a second...