Windows 10: Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program

Discus and support Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a program which I want to run every time at startup, and it needs to run with Administrator privileges. I created a ".bat" script, with the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by serban83, Oct 7, 2018.

1. serban83 Win User

Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program

I have a program which I want to run every time at startup, and it needs to run with Administrator privileges.

I created a ".bat" script, with the following command:

powershell -Command "Start-Process 'c:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro\SyncBackPro.exe' " -Verb runAs ,

and I placed a shortcut to this ".bat" file in the Startup folder ( shell:startup ).

This has worked fine for me on Windows 8 HOME, and on Windows 10 HOME (which I got by simply upgrading the old Windows 8 to it).

Now I installed the newest Windows 10 PRO, and this solution does not work anymore, because I get the UAC prompt every time I logon.

I see this topic was already raised and that I'm not the only windows 10 user very annoyed by the lack of possibility to disable the UAC for a specific program....

Can I somehow DISABLE the UAC prompt, either for this specific shortcut from the "Startup" folder, or for the ".bat" file to which it points to, or for the executable to which the shortcut points to ? Any of these would be fine.

Thank you.

:)

serban83, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

Hello jaksps,

In line with your concern, User Account Control doesn't have a "allowed-or-blocked" list and disabling the User Account Control involves security risks. Though, there is a workaround to run a program without UAC prompt using Task Scheduler. I'd recommend
    performing the steps suggested by SpiritX MS MVP in this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program

User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program

1. Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program - Similar Threads - Disable User Account

2. Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?: I don't want to disable it altogether but I have a frequently used program that gets stopped every time. Can I somehow set it to ignore certain programs?...
  3. Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to disable the user account control with specific programs?: I don't want to disable it altogether but I have a frequently used program that gets stopped every time. Can I somehow set it to ignore certain programs?...
  4. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program: sorry my English is badIs there a way to disable UACuser Account Control in Windows 10 for just one program?So, I want to play games via Steam Link, but when i start the game, it nothing happenbut it played. Steam Link fail to start the game because of UAC blocking all...
  5. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program: sorry my English is badIs there a way to disable UACuser Account Control in Windows 10 for just one program?So, I want to play games via Steam Link, but when i start the game, it nothing happenbut it played. Steam Link fail to start the game because of UAC blocking all...
  6. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. UAC User Account Control

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC User Account Control: Hello, I lost my UAC password, how can I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-user-account-control/7def82c3-79cf-4843-8489-7dca9434c4b1
  8. Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable UAC for a specific program?: So I have programs that I use often, but they trigger UAC notifications. Without disabling UAC entirely, is there a way to not have the UAC notification pop up for that program? submitted by /u/Goodperson5656 [link] [comments]...
  9. problem with user account control (uac)

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with user account control (uac): hey. i tried to turn on my pc yesterday and i got a problem with a file beeing removed. i then restarted my whole pc, and i thought it was fixed. but then my administrator confirmation wouldnt work. this means that i cant download apps and edit settings. i have tried to go to...
  10. Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows How to Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows When administrator account before starting a program or task that requires a full administrator access token. This prompt ensures that no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable user account control for a program

2. never notify user account control for specific executable

3. Can i Change User Account Control settings for a specific program

4. enable or disable user account control (uac) for specific program,
  5. can user account control be specific to a program,
  6. user account control for executable,
  7. how to disable user account control setting for specific program,
  8. disable user account control for a specific program