Windows 10: Disable touch gestures?

Discus and support Disable touch gestures? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a convertible laptop-tablet. I noticed that there are some gestures implemented in W10. I want to disable one of the, when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eXtremeDevil, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Disable touch gestures?

Hi, I recently bought a convertible laptop-tablet. I noticed that there are some gestures implemented in W10. I want to disable one of the, when you swipe from the left in the screen and the task view comes up.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

:)

eXtremeDevil, Jan 16, 2016

2. touch is not disabling

i have dell inspiron 3542 model when i purchased it windows 7 is installed in it that time touch is disabling then i installed windows 10 and now touch is not disabling uncheck the checkbox is not showing ,what can i do? i have udated the bios driver also
    then it is not showing

ShivomAggarwal, Jan 16, 2016
  3. touch is not disabling

Hello Shivom,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Touch screen. We will certainly help you.

• From where exactly ae you trying to disable the touchscreen?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Follow the steps given below and check if you are able to disable it:

1. Press Windows Key +X from your keyboard.

2. Select Device manager and open it.

3. Then, right-click on HID-compliant touch screen and from the list of options displayed, select ‘Disable’

4. Instantly, a confirmation pop-up will appear on your device screen, requesting you to confirm the decision.
    Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning. Do you really want to disable it? Click ‘Yes.’

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 16, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Disable touch gestures?

Hi eXtremeDevil,

Take a look HERE and see if there's anything.

5. Those are configurations for the touchpad, I'm talking about the screen.

eXtremeDevil, Jan 16, 2016
  6. mertzi Win User
    Just wanted to bump this thread. Unfortunately most people don't use Windows 10 on a tablet, and those who do probably have a hybrid and spend most time in laptop mode. That's why so few are annoyed by these stupid gestures, and information is scarce. I have a surface pro 4 and I use it as a tablet a lot, especially as a notebook taking notes in OneNote when I'm in class. I haven't had ONE single use for any of the gestures, but they are triggered a LOT and it really pisses me off. The main two are:

1. When I'm erasing something with the pen and get close to the left edge it always triggers the task view. If I want the task view I can use the task view button in the taskbar! I think this gesture is beyond stupid.
    2. When I tap (either with ONE finger or with the pen) on an icon in the taskbar it triggers what I believe to be some kind of swipe from bottom gesture. This happens at least 1 out of 3 times. It shows you exactly what you get if you long press, or right click with a mouse/touchpad on the icon (Name, Pin to taskbar, close window). I have no idea why MS implemented this as a gesture when you instead can just long press.

I think the responsible devs thought that these gestures would be time savers, but they are the complete opposite. Surely there must be some way of disabling them through the GPE?

mertzi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Disable touch gestures?

1. Disable touch gestures? - Similar Threads - Disable touch gestures

2. How to disable the touch gesture for turn up or down the volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the touch gesture for turn up or down the volume?: Hi, I am Deyvid and I want to turn off the setting for control the volume by swipe the touch vertical the screen, every time that I swipe up the volume goes down and if I swipe down the volume goes up. I have a Lenovo Yoga 14IRL8. Thanks for take your time to read have a good...
  3. How to disable the touch gesture for turn up or down the volume?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the touch gesture for turn up or down the volume?: Hi, I am Deyvid and I want to turn off the setting for control the volume by swipe the touch vertical the screen, every time that I swipe up the volume goes down and if I swipe down the volume goes up. I have a Lenovo Yoga 14IRL8. Thanks for take your time to read have a good...
  4. Touch Pad Gestures is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch Pad Gestures is not working: I Tried a clean install from windows 7 to windows 10. I installed all driver updates from windows update and I used "Driver easy" application for install all drivers. I enabled all features of my touchpad multi-finger gestures like two-finger scrolling ,three finger press,...
  5. gestures touch pannel

in Windows 10 Customization
    gestures touch pannel: gesture settings disappeared. how to fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gestures-touch-pannel/a79caafb-b539-45aa-b5a7-1f86dc330759
  6. Simulate Touch Gestures with a Mouse?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simulate Touch Gestures with a Mouse?: Specifically, I'm trying to gain panning in Excel. This feature was removed in 2010 or 2013 based on my reading. However, it supposedly supports panning by finger on a tablet/touch screen device. I am not running one of those devices but I was wondering if it's possible to...
  7. How to disable TOUCH PAD GESTURES

How to disable TOUCH PAD GESTURES: Hello, I am new to the HP family, I purchased a laptop today, its the HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 From Walmart I like the laptop so far, however, the touch pad gestures are excessively IRRITATING and I can not seem to find any option to either A Disable the Touch pad gesture...
  8. Multi touch gesture touchpad

Multi touch gesture touchpad: I have a multi touch gesture touchpad. Does the number of gestures I use fingers depend on the laptop model? I cannot find how many fingers I can use in the settings....
  9. No Mult-Touch Gestures On Touchpad

No Mult-Touch Gestures On Touchpad: After installing a new motherboard on my Lenovo Y50-70 Touch with Windows 10 Home x64, Windows has decided that my Synaptics touchpad is an Elan touchpad and installed the drivers for it. This stopped all multi-touch gestures but most importantly two-finger scrolling from...
  10. Touch Gestures for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Touch Gestures for Windows 10: How to: Touch Gestures for Windows 10 List of Touch Gestures for Windows 10 You can get around Windows faster with touchscreen or touchpad gestures. A touch gesture is the physical act or motion performed on a touch screen by your finger. This tutorial will provide...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disable long press 1 finger gestures

2. disable touchpad gestures in office 365