Windows 10: Disable Touch Pad.

Discus and support Disable Touch Pad. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello to the Microsoft Community, I have a HP Laptop, about 7 months old, running Windows 10, Intel core i5 processor, 8.00 GB Ram, 64bit operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asus1254, Jan 23, 2020.

1. asus1254 Win User

Disable Touch Pad.

Hello to the Microsoft Community,

I have a HP Laptop, about 7 months old, running Windows 10, Intel core i5 processor, 8.00 GB Ram, 64bit operating system, x 64 bit-based processor. No pen or touch input. I recently did a windows 10 upgrade to 1909 the latest edition.

Since the upgrade I can't seem to disable the touch pad as I am used to using the mouse I am finding it difficult with both in operation, when I type it goes all over the screen as I accidently touch the pad. I have tried a few things -:

1. I went into Control Panel- Mouse-Mouse Properties-Synaptics Touch Pad does not appear, so I can't disable it from there.

2. I went to Device Manager- Mice and pointing devices- Synaptics Touch Pad. Right click just gives the option of *driver update-which

I did , *uninstall and *properties which also gives no option to disable.

3. So running out of options that I know of I decided to uninstall so I tried that in Device Manager. Twice I tried to uninstall but the touch pad is still in operation.!!

Was wondering if anyone knows how to disable this touch pad please, would be very grateful for some help.

Cheers

:)

asus1254, Jan 23, 2020

2. turn off touch pad

Hi Brian,

You can disable Touch pad from the Device Manager. Make sure that the mouse is already plugged in before disabling the touch pad. To disable Touch pad, follow these steps:

• Press and hold Windows logo key + R.
    • Type Devmgmt.msc in the Run command dialog box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the first HID-compliant mouse entry.
    • Select Disable.
    • Hit Yes.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Disable Touch Pad.

disable mouse pad on windows 10

I have a Asus laptop computer, Mod. number X53E. I have tried everything suggested to disable my touch pad mouse but none of the suggestions have help me disable it. Help.

wayne dumanski, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Disable Touch Pad.

1. Disable Touch Pad. - Similar Threads - Disable Touch Pad

2. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable touch pad: Trying to disable touch pad on HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/5444f394-2dbf-4eca-a224-78246b4fd0fd
  3. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable touch pad: Trying to disable touch pad on HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/5444f394-2dbf-4eca-a224-78246b4fd0fd
  4. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  6. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  7. Disable touch pad

8. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable touch pad: disable touch pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/997b2e32-56f8-4509-8a81-b85222278f94
  9. disable touch pad

disable touch pad: Every other time windows updates 10 it re-enables the touch pad on my MSI laptop. I am unable to disable it manually unless I uninstall the windows updates. WHY????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/09c350d4-4a50-4417-90cc-e8b90b7b4e4d
  10. Disable Touch Pad

Disable Touch Pad: How can I disable the touchpad on my new HP laptop when there is no touchpad tab under devices? I use a mouse exclusively, and have a difficult time not touching the touch pad when I type. It's really annoying to have to keep searching for my cursor....