Windows 10: Disable touchpad on HP Pavilion with Windows 10

Discus and support Disable touchpad on HP Pavilion with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I prefer to use an external mouse and need to disable my touchpad. I had it disabled before, but then we downloaded a system update and the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nemismom, Dec 29, 2020.

1. nemismom Win User

Disable touchpad on HP Pavilion with Windows 10

I prefer to use an external mouse and need to disable my touchpad. I had it disabled before, but then we downloaded a system update and the laptop crashed. My husband had to reinstall everything, and when he was done the touchpad was enabled again. We cannot find a place to disable it. I've looked at other posts on different forums on how to do it, but none of them apply to my laptop, as there is no enable/disable option in the touchpad window, just sensitivity settings. How can I disable the touchpad, please? Thank you.

:)

nemismom, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Disable touchpad on HP Pavilion with Windows 10

1. Disable touchpad on HP Pavilion with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable touchpad Pavilion

2. Touchpad not working on my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working on my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible: Hi,My laptop touchpad stopped working. The I2C HID Device one of the 2 is showing an error. I tried updating it , but get an error: Windows found drivers but encountered an error when attempting to install them. The device cannot start code 10. I tried to find the driver on...
  3. Touchpad not working on my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working on my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible: Hi,My laptop touchpad stopped working. The I2C HID Device one of the 2 is showing an error. I tried updating it , but get an error: Windows found drivers but encountered an error when attempting to install them. The device cannot start code 10. I tried to find the driver on...
  4. Disable Touchpad on HP Pavillion 15 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Touchpad on HP Pavillion 15 Windows 10: Help ! I cannot disable my Touchpad. I have an HP pavilion 15 Windows 10. Model 15t-cs0 Product 3AJ05AV. I have tried every suggestion I have found on searches. Either the button is not there. the option is not there. or the directions do not work i.e nothing happens when I...
  5. HP Pavilion TOUCHPAD NO SWITCH OFF OPTION

HP Pavilion TOUCHPAD NO SWITCH OFF OPTION: After the Windows update I can't switch off Touchpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-touchpad-no-switch-off-option/c3972090-4b5f-4cdd-a8bf-542ce7033c6c
  6. Touchpad sensitivity too high for HP Pavilion Notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad sensitivity too high for HP Pavilion Notebook: The key pad will go crazy a lot of times, it always zooms high, or low, and it will even kick me out of the site im on, its just way to sensitive to the touch, and when i put the arrow on to scroll down it will shoot clear to the bottom ? ***Modified title from: key pad...
  7. Disabling HP touchpad

Disabling HP touchpad: After a recent Windows 10 update, I can no longer disable the touchpad. None of the solutions available online will work on my laptop. I have a HP-15b51xx, Laptop-UVHJIJ6N. I will provide additional info as needed....
  8. How do I disable the random touchpad zooming on my HP Pavilion laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the random touchpad zooming on my HP Pavilion laptop?: Laptop is brand new, and it seems to have the same old pinch zoom problem I had with my last HP laptop. But there was a place to turn it off in Win 10, but now there's practically nothing for touchpad settings. Nothing about pinch zoom at all. I called HP support but all I...
  9. HP Pavilion and Windows 10

HP Pavilion and Windows 10: I've had my HP Pavilion for about two years with Windows 10 preinstalled. I bought a Logitech bluetooth keyboard and a Surface bluetooth mouse with it. They worked perfectly for about 6 months but after automatic windows updates they started to work intermittently and now...
  10. Problem with touchpad on HP Pavilion after updating to Windows 10

Problem with touchpad on HP Pavilion after updating to Windows 10: Hi, I've updated my laptop to Windows 10 and now the touchpad is really slow to react. I've checked the settings and it was set to a medium delay which I've now changed to no delay but it's still doing it. I've checked in device manager and it says the driver software is...