Windows 10: Disable touchpad when external mouse connected - HP Envy

Discus and support Disable touchpad when external mouse connected - HP Envy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last year, I had a toggle that enabled me to disable the touchpad, but it's no longer present. All enquiries I've looked at show a feature in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Woodlander_0, May 10, 2021.

1. Disable touchpad when external mouse connected - HP Envy

Last year, I had a toggle that enabled me to disable the touchpad, but it's no longer present. All enquiries I've looked at show a feature in Settings/Touchpad that's not there on my laptop. Can anyone please help me to recover the feature that was previously available? Windows 10 & HP Envy laptop.

:)

Woodlander_0, May 10, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Disable Touchpad and use External mouse

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable the TouchPad of your laptop and want to use an external USB mouse.

To use an external USB mouse, please connect the USB mouse to any USB port on your laptop and it will be set up automatically.

To disable the touchpad you can try the following steps and check if that helps:

1. Press and hold Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager from the list.
    3. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    4. Find Synaptics SMBus TouchPad/ELANClickpad touchpad.
    5. Right click on the driver and select Disable.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 10, 2021
  3. Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360

I never use the touchpad on my HP Envy x 360 because I just don't like it. I prefer the mouse. I had the touchpad disabled until I installed Windows 10. Now the touchpad has started working and I can't disable it. Can you help me?

TiggerGirl6877, May 10, 2021
  4. H2ONaCl Win User

Disable touchpad when external mouse connected - HP Envy

How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360

I installed the Synaptics driver 19.5.35.41 Rev.D. This was obtained from the HP website. This is the newest one.

After it installed the message was "not supported for this operating system". That's strange because the driver is described as suitable for Windows 10. The touchpad and mouse dialogs still appear to be lacking a Synaptics dialog which is where I would expect to find the "disable" touchpad option.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...76?sku=3VU72UA

H2ONaCl, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Disable touchpad when external mouse connected - HP Envy

1. Disable touchpad when external mouse connected - HP Envy - Similar Threads - Disable touchpad external

2. Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected: Please, bring back this option or else tell me how I can do this.I bought a laptop so that I could be portable. But since taking away the checkbox for disabling the touchpad, I've had to connect a keyboard, because the palms of my hands inadvertently always touch the touchpad...
  3. Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected: Please, bring back this option or else tell me how I can do this.I bought a laptop so that I could be portable. But since taking away the checkbox for disabling the touchpad, I've had to connect a keyboard, because the palms of my hands inadvertently always touch the touchpad...
  4. disable touchpad single click when external mouse is connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable touchpad single click when external mouse is connected: Hi,I've seen a million give or take solutions to disabling the touchpad when I have a mouse connected. Those work, but are not really what I am looking for.I ONLY want to disable the one-finger single-click aspect of the touchpad if my external mouse is connected. That way I...
  5. Disabling touchpad while external mouse connected

Disabling touchpad while external mouse connected: I used to be able to have my touchpad shut off automatically when I connect an external mouse. I don't know which update it was, but I have recently realized that my touchpad is back on while the external mouse is connected. I don't use the touchpad as my hand tends to "tap"...
  6. Disabling touchpad while external mouse connected

Disabling touchpad while external mouse connected: I used to be able to have my touchpad shut off automatically when I connect an external mouse. I don't know which update it was, but I have recently realized that my touchpad is back on while the external mouse is connected. I don't use the touchpad as my hand tends to "tap"...
  7. How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360: How can I disable the touchpad on an HP envy x360 15m-cn0011dx? It is easy to find the right dialog to disable the touchpad on my other HP machines but on this one I haven't discovered where. I also have a zBook 15 and elitebook 840 G2 so I am somewhat familiar with how...
  8. Touchpad not disabled when mouse is connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad not disabled when mouse is connected: All the sudden, the touchpad of my HP Spectre laptop is not being disabled when I connect a mouse to it. And I can't find the disabling button in Setting anymore. How can I fix it?...
  9. disabling touchpad when external mouse is attached

disabling touchpad when external mouse is attached: After one of the most recent Microsoft Windows 10 updates, a feature on our HP Spectre x360 notebook stopped working. Prior to that update, we could enter touchpad setting, additional settings, and click on 'disable internal pointing device when external pointing device is...
  10. Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360

Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360: I never use the touchpad on my HP Envy x 360 because I just don't like it. I prefer the mouse. I had the touchpad disabled until I installed Windows 10. Now the touchpad has started working and I can't disable it. Can you help me?...