Windows 10: Disable touchpad when mouse is connected option is gone.

Discus and support Disable touchpad when mouse is connected option is gone. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I go to settings and go to devices, the disable touchpad when mouse is connected option is gone. My system info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Protator, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Protator Win User

Disable touchpad when mouse is connected option is gone.

When I go to settings and go to devices, the disable touchpad when mouse is connected option is gone. My system info

:)

Protator, Jun 21, 2021
  2. lacrumb Win User

Touchpad: LOST OPTION to Disable the Touchpad when a Mouse is Connected

Do not go to the Touchpad listing bur to the Mouse listing and then to Additional mouse options on the right of the screen and get the display that I showed above.

lacrumb, Jun 21, 2021
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Disable touchpad when mouse is connected option is gone.

disable touchpad

Hi James,

Touchpad is usually disabled and re-enabled by pressing the Fn and either
    F3 or F9 keys, but that depends on the laptop that you have. Each brand have its own shortcut keys. However, you can disable the touchpad from the Settings page. Follow these steps:

1. Open Settings > Devices.
    2. In the left pane, click Touchpad.
    3. To completely disable the touchpad, toggle off Touchpad.
    4. If you only want to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is connected, check the box for
      Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected option.

Let me know if you need further help so I can assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Disable touchpad when mouse is connected option is gone.

1. Disable touchpad when mouse is connected option is gone. - Similar Threads - Disable touchpad mouse

2. Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected: Please, bring back this option or else tell me how I can do this.I bought a laptop so that I could be portable. But since taking away the checkbox for disabling the touchpad, I've had to connect a keyboard, because the palms of my hands inadvertently always touch the touchpad...
  3. Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Touchpad When Mouse is Connected: Please, bring back this option or else tell me how I can do this.I bought a laptop so that I could be portable. But since taking away the checkbox for disabling the touchpad, I've had to connect a keyboard, because the palms of my hands inadvertently always touch the touchpad...
  4. disable touchpad single click when external mouse is connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable touchpad single click when external mouse is connected: Hi,I've seen a million give or take solutions to disabling the touchpad when I have a mouse connected. Those work, but are not really what I am looking for.I ONLY want to disable the one-finger single-click aspect of the touchpad if my external mouse is connected. That way I...
  5. Touchpad: LOST OPTION to Disable the Touchpad when a Mouse is Connected All Drivers Up to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad: LOST OPTION to Disable the Touchpad when a Mouse is Connected All Drivers Up to...: After the latest flurry late June 2021 of Windows 10 Updates, my formerly disabled Synaptics Touchpad on my HP Laptop is not only Not Disabled, but the selector "Leave Touchpad on when a Mouse is Connected" usually found in Settings:Devices:Touchpad had disappeared. Not only...
  6. How to Disable the Touchpad when Mouse is Connected

How to Disable the Touchpad when Mouse is Connected: I am using Windows 10 Pro, build 20H2. I have attempted the following code to disable the touchpad when a mouse is detected, but it seems to not be working. I have restarted the computer after applying, and does not take effect. Disable Touchpad when Mouse is Connected in...
  7. How to disable laptop touchpad when mouse is connected

How to disable laptop touchpad when mouse is connected: Where is the setting to disable the laptop touchpad while a wireless mouse in connected? I'm using a logitec wireless mouse. Windows 10. This has worked for years but somehow touchpad is now active while mouse is plugged in....
  8. Touchpad not disabled when mouse is connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad not disabled when mouse is connected: All the sudden, the touchpad of my HP Spectre laptop is not being disabled when I connect a mouse to it. And I can't find the disabling button in Setting anymore. How can I fix it?...
  9. Touchpad disabled when mouse is removed

Touchpad disabled when mouse is removed: If I remove my mouse for my laptop the touch pad is disabled. I have it enabled in device manager, but I have the option for it to be turned off when a mouse is connected. If I turn off the feature of having the touch pad disabled when a mouse is connected, disconnecting the...
  10. Disable Touchpad when Mouse is Connected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Touchpad when Mouse is Connected in Windows 10: How to: Disable Touchpad when Mouse is Connected in Windows 10 How to Disable Touchpad when Mouse is Connected in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad and you like to use an external USB or Bluetooth mouse, you can set to automatically...