Windows 10: disable touchpad

Discus and support disable touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to disable touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad/f428698e-7f74-4aa6-9c6b-be1431f17d6d Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davefairchild, Jun 14, 2019.

1. disable touchpad

How to disable touchpad?

:)

davefairchild, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Disable touchpad

Hi,

Normally, you can disable the touchpad from Device Manager by follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on HID-compliant mouse and select Disable.
    • Click Yes.
    • Check if the touchpad is already disabled.

You can also contact the device manufacturer for further assistance if touchpad cannot be disabled.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

disable touchpad

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

disable touchpad

1. disable touchpad - Similar Threads - disable touchpad

2. How to Disable the Touchpad when Mouse is Connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Disable the Touchpad when Mouse is Connected: I am using Windows 10 Pro, build 20H2. I have attempted the following code to disable the touchpad when a mouse is detected, but it seems to not be working. I have restarted the computer after applying, and does not take effect. Disable Touchpad when Mouse is Connected in...
  3. Disable touchpad on HP Pavilion with Windows 10

Disable touchpad on HP Pavilion with Windows 10: I prefer to use an external mouse and need to disable my touchpad. I had it disabled before, but then we downloaded a system update and the laptop crashed. My husband had to reinstall everything, and when he was done the touchpad was enabled again. We cannot find a place...
  4. Synaptics touchpad playing notification sound when enabled/disabled even though all system...

Synaptics touchpad playing notification sound when enabled/disabled even though all system...: I discovered this annoying little problem after updating my old Compaq laptop to Windows 10. Whenever I enabled or disabled the touchpad, I would hear the "Connect Device" or "Disconnect Device" system sound, even though I have my system sounds set to "No Sounds". And...
  5. How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?: I have found a ton of information online, but most of it seems outdated since it doesn't apply to me or my situation. To be honest, after researching this topic in the past, I was able to disable it, but...I had forgotten how to now. If someone would be so kind to assist...
  6. Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn+F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works: I have an ASUS 541U laptop 64-bit OS, x64-based processor- after the latest update of Windows 10 the Fn + F9 hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad no longer works. It just can't be disabled or enabled. All other Fn-hotkeys work normally. I can Enable or Disable Touchpad...
  7. Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9.: I have an Asus Vivobook Flip 14 and the touchpad keeps saying disabled even when I tried enabling with Fn + F9. Tried restarting and updating pc but nothing seems to work. Please help!...
  8. Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures: Recently I'm having issue with my touchpad because when I accidentally put 3 fingers it triggers events I don't want to (like turning back to Desktop and seeing recent app). I have an ASUS but ASUS Smart Gesture doesn't allow to disable it by GUI so I decided to set to "0"...
  9. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad - can't disable even when uninstalling

Synaptics SMBus Touchpad - can't disable even when uninstalling: I'm ready to physically tear out the touchpad! I've tried looking all over the web to find out why I can't disable the touchpad on my HP Laptop anymore when the USB Mouse is plugged in. I've tried going to settings no option appears, device manager to update and rolling back...
  10. how do I disable the touchpad on my lenovo?

how do I disable the touchpad on my lenovo?: I used to be able to turn off the touchpad when I have an external mouse plugged in. I can't do this any longer since Windows updates a few months back. What do I do now?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off pad on lenovo ideapad 340

2. unable to diable touch pad lenovo

3. disable mouse pad on laptop hp 250 g7

4. lenovo ideapad l340 touchpad disable,
  5. why can I no longer disable my touchpad