Windows 10: Disable TouchPad

Discus and support Disable TouchPad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo ThinkPad R500 laptop on which Win 10 hasbeen installed. The laptop was given to me just to try Win 10. I dislike usingthe touch pad and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frank1, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Frank1 Win User

Disable TouchPad

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad R500 laptop on which Win 10 hasbeen installed. The laptop was given to me just to try Win 10. I dislike usingthe touch pad and want to disable it but I can't do it. One way that issupposed to work is to go to Control Panel and bring up the mouse icon. Whenyou click on its Properties it should bring up "UltraNav" tab. But thetab is not there. No matter what I do the tab is not there. I finally went on aweb site that said to install UltraNav and the site gave me a link to down loadthe installation file which I did. But as I tried to install it finally came upwith a message that said, "Synaptics device not found." I did asearch to see if I had a file named UltraNav but there is no such file. Doesanyone have a suggestion? Thank you
    ~~~Frank

:)

Frank1, Dec 5, 2014
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Touchpad

My thinkpad bios has a setting to disable the touchpad in addition to the mouse settings has a touchpad enable/disable check box.

The Toshiba I'm on right now has Fn+F5 to enable/disable the touchpad that sticks for a few days - plus the control panel / mouse has the setting to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is attached.

Of course one could always go into Device Manager and disable the touchpad there.

'Mike P, Dec 5, 2014
  3. touchpad not working on my Asus vivobook Max X541N

touchpad is not working (windows 10)

and there is no touchpad setting option in my laptop

and even in devicemanager i cant find touchpad settings

there is a function key for disabling touchpad on my keyboard but i cant enable touchpad through that

whenever i am pressing fn + f9 it shows that touchpad is being disable but when i press that again it does not enable the touchpad (and the f9 key only show disabling touchpad symbol on it)

what should i do?

is there any other function key to enable touchpad?

PriyankaSingh1, Dec 5, 2014
  4. Disable TouchPad

Might not be ideal, but can you disable it in device manager, under 'mice and other pointing devices'

on mine it shows as 'Dell Touchpad' in device manager

paulsalter, Dec 7, 2014
  5. Frank1 Win User
    Thanks to everyone for your feedback. I'm sorry it took so long to get back with you. I now have the touch Pad disabled. I tried everything that should have worked but none of it worked. That being strange made me wonder if it had something to do with the BIOS. So I got into the BIOS and sure enough it was disabled. I enabled it and that did the job.

Frank1, Dec 8, 2014
  6. Hi, you don't have synaptics touchpad! You have ALPS.

I have the R500 too and have been strugling getting scroll to work in MS app like everything under System, Edge, Start menu and store - it work fine in firefox, IE, Device manager, Task manager, regedit. So to help you out a bit I can give you the drivers I use right now. Download them and then uninstall all the drivers you have used, before trying these - They will give you the Win 7 driver and the Ultranav util - its the best you can get until someone else figure out to fix the probleme.

You need winrar to unpack them

JBJ

insomniacno1, Aug 21, 2015
  7. Hi, I found a solution to this problem on my HP laptop.
    • In Windows 10, in search bar (by start button), type in Control Panel.
    • Once Control Panel open, in that search bar in the upper right type in Mouse and hit enter key
    • It should bring up various options. Click on Change mouse settings
    • Under the Click Pad tab, check the empty box next to Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached.
    • Click Apply in the bottom of the menu
    This should disable your touchpad mouse. My touchpad is usually illuminated with a blue light around it when it's active. This didn't turn the light off but it DID disable the touchpad.

highwaygirl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disable TouchPad

1. Disable TouchPad - Similar Threads - Disable TouchPad

2. two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...: the problem is that if i scroll 2 finger scroll from time to time the right click window apears 2 finger click.this happens only on the bluetooth keyboard with touchpad mros130.the touchpad on the laptop works fine. because i disabled the 2 finger click.a reinstall of...
  3. two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...: the problem is that if i scroll 2 finger scroll from time to time the right click window apears 2 finger click.this happens only on the bluetooth keyboard with touchpad mros130.the touchpad on the laptop works fine. because i disabled the 2 finger click.a reinstall of...
  4. My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad: My mouse randomly disappeared in a TEST. I had no choice but to complete the rest of the test with the touchscreen. It was really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-disappears-when-i-dont-disable-the/d5cc7459-8d3a-43c9-a7b0-3e0e33654bd4
  5. My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad

My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad: My mouse randomly disappeared in a TEST. I had no choice but to complete the rest of the test with the touchscreen. It was really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-disappears-when-i-dont-disable-the/d5cc7459-8d3a-43c9-a7b0-3e0e33654bd4
  6. Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update: Since the most recent update my laptop always disables the touchpad when I boot it up.I didn't change any settings, I don't use an external mouse.The first thing I need to do is enable it again. In the device manager the setting "pc can disable device to save power" is...
  7. Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update: Since the most recent update my laptop always disables the touchpad when I boot it up.I didn't change any settings, I don't use an external mouse.The first thing I need to do is enable it again. In the device manager the setting "pc can disable device to save power" is...
  8. Touchpad disables itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad disables itself: I was using my laptop for work and after typing for a while the touchpad stopped working. I don’t have a mouse connected, I didn’t turn off the touchpad in settings. I looked up a video and it said to check the touchpad settings, upon inspection I noticed that the touchpad...
  9. Touchpad disables itself

Touchpad disables itself: I was using my laptop for work and after typing for a while the touchpad stopped working. I don’t have a mouse connected, I didn’t turn off the touchpad in settings. I looked up a video and it said to check the touchpad settings, upon inspection I noticed that the touchpad...
  10. How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?

How can I disable the physical touchpad buttons while leaving tap to click enabled?: I use a HP Pavilion x360 and unfortunately if I apply any pressure to the left of the touchpad right where my wrist lays while typing, the physical left click button triggers and causes all sorts of problems. I'd like to disable this button, and instead use tap gestures to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 touchpad on despite being off in control panel

2. lenovo l340 enable touchpad gestures