Windows 10: Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior

Discus and support Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10, using precision touchpad. I will be using Excel on the browser and scrolling left on the spreadsheet and the PC thinks that once I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by renchero, Jun 30, 2022.

1. renchero Win User

Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior

I'm on Windows 10, using precision touchpad. I will be using Excel on the browser and scrolling left on the spreadsheet and the PC thinks that once I have reached the very left of the spreadsheet that I want to navigate to the previous web page browser back button behavior. I do not want to go to the previous webpage however and simply scrolled to the very edge of the spreadsheet. How can I disable this browser navigation feature?

:)

renchero, Jun 30, 2022

2. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable the three-finger gesture on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the question below.

1. What is the exact model of the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to refer the section Navigating using multi-finger gestures and the sub-sectionNavigating within applications using Three-Finger Flick
    from the article
    HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)
    to disable the Three Finger gesture.

Note: The article talks about enabling the gesture, to disable the gesture we need to make sure the box next to Three Finger gesture is unchecked.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 30, 2022
  3. KaylaRyan Win User
    Multi-finger gestures won't stay disabled

I want to disable the multi-finger gestures but whenever I go to disable them in the mouse settings, they become enabled the next time I turn on my computer. Anyone know a way to permanently remove multi-finger gestures? I only want the "Tap to click"
    gesture enabled, all others I want disabled.

KaylaRyan, Jun 30, 2022
  4. 0tterbx Win User

Change two-finger touchpad gesture browser navigation settings - Windows 10

Is there a way to change the broswer navigation default touchpad gesture settings for the two-finger swipe?

Currently, swiping from right-to-left goes back in the browser. Swiping left-to-right goes forward. I would like to invert those settings, but "Advanced Gesture Configuration" settings only show three- and four-finger options, not two. The only two-finger
    gesture settings available are to enable or disable scrolling, and to enable or disable pinch to zoom.

0tterbx, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior - Similar Threads - Disable finger gesture

2. Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior: I'm on Windows 10, using precision touchpad. I will be using Excel on the browser and scrolling left on the spreadsheet and the PC thinks that once I have reached the very left of the spreadsheet that I want to navigate to the previous web page browser back button behavior. I...
  3. Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable two finger gesture browser back behavior: I'm on Windows 10, using precision touchpad. I will be using Excel on the browser and scrolling left on the spreadsheet and the PC thinks that once I have reached the very left of the spreadsheet that I want to navigate to the previous web page browser back button behavior. I...
  4. Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior: I never use Virtual Desktops, so can I change the touchpad 4 finger gesture from switching between virtual desktops to switching between Virtual Desktops. I know that we have a 3 finger gesture but I want the animation from the 4 finger gesture. Is this possible?...
  5. Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad - Disabling 3 fingers gestures: Recently I'm having issue with my touchpad because when I accidentally put 3 fingers it triggers events I don't want to (like turning back to Desktop and seeing recent app). I have an ASUS but ASUS Smart Gesture doesn't allow to disable it by GUI so I decided to set to "0"...
  6. Change two-finger touchpad gesture browser navigation settings - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change two-finger touchpad gesture browser navigation settings - Windows 10: Is there a way to change the broswer navigation default touchpad gesture settings for the two-finger swipe? Currently, swiping from right-to-left goes back in the browser. Swiping left-to-right goes forward. I would like to invert those settings, but "Advanced Gesture...
  7. How use two-finger gestures?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How use two-finger gestures?: Would like to use two-finger gestures for handling browser navigation akin to ones on Mac OS. Using Windows Precision drivers on my HP Spectre. Is there a way to use them? submitted by /u/purezen [link] [comments]...
  8. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad: Hi guys, I need a bit of help with finding settings for Laptop's gestures. The problem is the three-finger-touch gesture. I want to disable it because many times the search bar pops up and doesn't go back no matter what. I've to repeatedly log off to remove it from the...
  9. Touch Pad Two Finger Gesture not working

Touch Pad Two Finger Gesture not working: Helllo, The two finger gesture on my touch pad for my Inspiron 15 5000 series model 5567 is not working. Many of the solutions online state to go to the device manager and go to touchpad, but it doesn't show up. What do I do? [ATTACH]...
  10. Gestures issue: two fingers

Gestures issue: two fingers: Hello. Sometimes, when I use two fingers to scroll down something, the computer thinks I'm using three fingers and shows up my desktop. Anyone having the same issue? I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 80C4. 32452