Windows 10: Disable typing for installed language in Windows 10

Discus and support Disable typing for installed language in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Win10 1809 and been wondering if there's a way to disable typing only for installed system language? In Asian countries like Japan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FedTKY, Nov 20, 2018.

1. FedTKY Win User

Disable typing for installed language in Windows 10

Hello, I am using Win10 1809 and been wondering if there's a way to disable typing only for installed system language?

In Asian countries like Japan or Korea people just don't use English keyboard layout - it's already included in local Japanese/Korean IME keyboard.

If you don't have English language installed in Settings, Default app language will be set as Japanese/Korean.

And if you add English language, it installs English typing keyboard, which is not needed.

I also see that there's no more Advanced Language settings in Control panel which allowed to do some manupulations on this.

:)

FedTKY, Nov 20, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Malayalam and sanskrit language typing

Hi Kandan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• Do you face inconvenience when you try to copy and paste the words through browser/on file explorer?
    • Have you installed Malayalam/Sanskrit language packs on Windows 10?

If you have not installed the Malayalam/Sanskrit language packs, I suggest you to download and install the Malayalam/Sanskrit language packs and check if it helps. Follow the steps in below link to add language packs.

Change your language or keyboard

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 20, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable typing for installed language in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable typing installed

2. Installed the Japanese language package but typing is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed the Japanese language package but typing is not working: Installed the Japanese language package but typing is not working.When I swicth to Hiragana, it shows IME is not ready. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-the-japanese-language-package-but-typing/0e0a4141-278c-4445-9ecb-2a85fcc105fc
  3. Installed the Japanese language package but typing is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed the Japanese language package but typing is not working: Installed the Japanese language package but typing is not working.When I swicth to Hiragana, it shows IME is not ready. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-the-japanese-language-package-but-typing/0e0a4141-278c-4445-9ecb-2a85fcc105fc
  4. typing language

in Windows 10 Customization
    typing language: I've to change my typing language ex :- English-telugu what is the process, please show some positive result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-language/744beea0-3136-402f-8025-836914595976
  5. disable language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable language?: Hello there, I am wondering is there any way to disable language without removing its files so I don't need to re-download them when I need to use it again? like I need Greek language to type all that letters used in math like λ or ω, and I prefer to switch to Greek rather...
  6. Disable Windows 10 language popup

Disable Windows 10 language popup: Is it possible to disable the popup list of input languages at the bottom right corner when having + pressed in Windows 10 version 1903? [ATTACH] I do not want to disable the + hotkey (or + for that matter) or the ability to switch languages; I just want to switch off...
  7. Disable Windows 10 language popup

Disable Windows 10 language popup: Is it possible to disable the popup list of input languages at the bottom right corner when having + pressed in Windows 10 version 1903? [ATTACH] I do not want to disable the + hotkey (or + for that matter) or the ability to switch languages; I just want to switch off...
  8. How to disable windows to install automatically keybord language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable windows to install automatically keybord language: Hi, i have a problem with my windows i'm french so i'm using french keybord configuration (AZERTY) and for unknown reason windows install english keybord and activate me When i'm on desktop ok i just need to install and uninstall it for solve it but on a game in full screen...
  9. Windows 10 Typing Indic Language [Bangla]

Windows 10 Typing Indic Language [Bangla]: I am using Windows 10 Pro latest build . I need to type Bangla so that I installed the Bangla language pack and got the Bangla [India] inscript keyboard . The problem is that punctuation marks and symbols are not available for typing. Question mark, Colon, Semicolon,...
  10. How to disable Windows 10 Language features automatic installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable Windows 10 Language features automatic installation?: Hello, For some reason Windows 10 starts to trying to install optional language features "typing" and "optical character recognition" and fails every time with error 0x800F0841. I would not care if it will just fail every time, the thing that bothers me is that Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. language pack installed but no typing

2. disable download language typing feature

3. why are basic typing and optical character recognition checked by default when adding language