Windows 10: Disable UAC

Discus and support Disable UAC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I log in as administrator on my personal laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexHolmes4, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Disable UAC

How do I log in as administrator on my personal laptop

:)

AlexHolmes4, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

Disable UAC 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Disable UAC

Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

Hello jaksps,

In line with your concern, User Account Control doesn't have a "allowed-or-blocked" list and disabling the User Account Control involves security risks. Though, there is a workaround to run a program without UAC prompt using Task Scheduler. I'd recommend
    performing the steps suggested by SpiritX MS MVP in this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Disable UAC

1. Disable UAC - Similar Threads - Disable UAC

2. Disable UAC using the registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable UAC using the registry: Disable UAC using the registry The instructions are as follows: Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE >Microsoft > Windows >CurrentVersion > Policies >System. On the right pane find the EnableLUA. Right-click on it and selectModify. Set the DWORD value data to0, and...
  3. DISABLE UAC WIN 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISABLE UAC WIN 10: How to disable/enable UAC using the register https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-uac-win-10/220cfc17-999b-48d5-a7b2-350811242250
  4. Win10 1909 Pro Context menu programs not showing with UAC disabled and using Admin account

Win10 1909 Pro Context menu programs not showing with UAC disabled and using Admin account: I have a program installed that will not show in the context menu right click while using an admin account and with UAC disabled. If i enable UAC then it shows fine and this issue has been around since Win7 so why no fix to this date? Why is UAC controlling what can or...
  5. HOW I DISABLE WINDOWS UAC

HOW I DISABLE WINDOWS UAC: Need to disable WINDOWS UAC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-disable-windows-uac/f1fc1725-38e5-4b88-8c67-76229e6cb72b
  6. Administrator forgot password, disable UAC

Administrator forgot password, disable UAC: So the administrator to my desktop forgot their password, and I am unable to login to their account to change anything. User Account Control has made it virtually impossible to do anything, and without the administrator password, I am unable to disable it. The administrator...
  7. How to one-time delete folder without change owner or disable UAC?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to one-time delete folder without change owner or disable UAC?: I copied a folder tree from another computer in LAN onto my local computer. After some work I want to delete this folder tree on my local computer. When I right-click in File Explorer on the top node and select "delete" then a popup tells me: "You need to provide...
  8. UAC is disabled, Why am I STILL receiving "You need permission from..." or "Insufficient...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UAC is disabled, Why am I STILL receiving "You need permission from..." or "Insufficient...: I disabled UAC, so why am I STILL being denied access on MY machine?!??! What would it take to STOP being denied access on MY machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-is-disabled-why-am-i-still-receiving-you-need/46a162b2-5f3d-404c-affa-fb8fe0751141"
  9. How do I disable UAC ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable UAC ?: How do I disable UAC ? * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: UAC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-uac/d200dab1-dd8d-4019-afd7-9ad8524d02e3"
  10. Windows 10 - UAC code (?) being set to 'disabled' for almost everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - UAC code (?) being set to 'disabled' for almost everything: I have Windows 10 and run a relatively few applications, mostly MS Office. My PC was purchased new about 6 months ago. Within the last few days I am unable to start almost any application without it being suspended (UAC code apparently set to 'Disabled'). When I try and...