Windows 10: Disable unwanted warning when deleting items

Discus and support Disable unwanted warning when deleting items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the Windows 10 Recycle Bin properties, both options to warn against mistaken deletion, have been unticked. Yet despite this, every time I drag/drop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mustang, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Mustang Win User

Disable unwanted warning when deleting items

In the Windows 10 Recycle Bin properties, both options to warn against mistaken deletion, have been unticked.

Yet despite this, every time I drag/drop a file/folder on the desktop to the recycle bin … an unwanted warning comes up saying this item may be a danger to the OS.

If I right click the item, and select delete, it goes straight to the recycle bin without any warning.

I have run sfc, and turned off UAC, as well as various options in Security Policy related to UAC. And all to no avail.

Google research has many posts on this issue, but no simple solution other than editing the register.

Has anyone got a simply solution to this problem?

:)

Mustang, Feb 20, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Outlook 2007 Deleted items

Hi there

@Take a guess

on IMAP if you set in the config operations for each account you have the problems with -- Root Folder -->INBOX there should then be a deleted items folder. Restart outlook and when you delete items they should then go to the deleted items folder. Use Empty folder to purge the email.

Outlook 2007 and 2010 will work the same

Step 1 in account config -->change-->advanced choose the last tab and then enter INBOX (in English should be Root Folder in the menu)

Disable unwanted warning when deleting items [​IMG]

Step 2 now do New folder on tab 3 and create Deleted Items on the server for the account

Disable unwanted warning when deleting items [​IMG]

Step 3 move mouse to newly created folder for deleted items - your deleted items should now go into that folder after you restart Outlook. You might have to move the underlined mail etc first and then purge.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 20, 2020
  3. AndyB1905 Win User
    Deleted items purged without warning

Hmmm. Not sure I agree with you here. Almost every e-mail experience I have had (well, to be honest, *every*) allows me to specifically empty the deleted items on demand (or exit of application). Either way, I am in control of when the deleted items
    gets purged. The problem with automatically emptying it when the phone next syncs is that it's quite possibly you won't realize you needed something you deleted until later on, specifically after the next sync. Emptying it on next sync makes the deleted
    item only useful for fat finger deletes (which is obviously of use), and I would hazard to suggest not an experience most users would expect of the deleted items folder.

I'd love to hear the thoughts of others on this.

AndyB1905, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Jekyll99 Win User

Problem with unwanted folder deletion

I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their contents (all identical) in one fell swoop, rather than have to laboriously wade through maybe 300 separate directories to delete them individually.

Suggestions?

Jekyll99, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Disable unwanted warning when deleting items - Similar Threads - Disable unwanted warning

2. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  3. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  4. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unwanted Tackbar Item

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Tackbar Item: Windows 10 ver 20H2 I get get a strange icon on my taskbar and it produces this. What is it and how can I get rid of this unwanted thing? Thank you 183847
  6. Unwanted item on my desktop

Unwanted item on my desktop: Sometimes I have this vertical slider: https://postimg.cc/zbCKzkQB that stays on top. I don't know what it is and how to remove it, short of logging off. It does not even work: when I move it, it goes back down. Clicking on the X does not kill it, nor the escape key. I...
  7. Unwanted Context menu item

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Context menu item: Hello to everybody! I would like some help with a Context menu item that I can't get rid of. Since I tried an application (Master PDF Editor 5), the item ''Open with Master PDF Editor 5'' has been added to the Context menu. When I right click on a pdf file, I see this item...
  8. Playing a Sound When Deleting an Item

Playing a Sound When Deleting an Item: I need to know whether it is possible to configure the system to play a sound when a file or folder is deleted. Or does some software have to be installed for this purpose?...
  9. Unwanted Warning/Notifications with Win 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unwanted Warning/Notifications with Win 10: Windows 10 Home Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.864) I am getting notifications on a random basis on my screen, as per the attachment, that always are seeking to access a folder/file (not always the same) in the WindowsApp folder. I have changed ownership and securities for the...
  10. Deleting unwanted items

Deleting unwanted items: When I open up I have a lot of unwanted items along the top. Dragging to the recycling bin does not work. These are not APPS they are topics I looked at some years ago....