Windows 10: Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

Discus and support Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; problem is back with 1903 and suggested solutions in this thread wont help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alpacko, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Alpacko Win User

Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

problem is back with 1903 and suggested solutions in this thread wont help.

:)

Alpacko, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Noela Tum Win User

Thanks for your reply. To help resolve your concern with the Update Orchestrator, please follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose Update Orchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".
    You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

We're looking forward to your response.

Noela Tum, Aug 9, 2019
  3. DrBots Win User
    How can I keep Update Orchestrator from waking my computer.

Update Orchestrator is constantly waking up my computer. I disabled the ability for my mouse and keyboard to wake my computer , I also turned off wake timers, and turned off Update Orchestrator in "Services". In the Command Window it says Update Orchestrator
    is the one responsible for my computer waking up.

DrBots, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Noela Tum Win User

Hey Hunter,

Since you mentioned that you aren't able to stop the Update Orchestrator from updating your computer, please answer these questions so we can isolate the cause of your concern:

• Are the computers connected to a Windows server environment?
    • Are you the local IT of the company? If not, kindly contact the local IT for assistance.
    • Can you send a screenshot of the Task Scheduler when you tried to apply the changes?

Hope this helps and we're looking forward to your reply.

Noela Tum, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer - Similar Threads - Disable Update Orchestrator

2. Updates are paused but Update Orchestrator keeps waking PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates are paused but Update Orchestrator keeps waking PC.: I normally do updates every few days but so it does not inconvenience me I do them then set them to be paused so the PC which is in my bedroom does not wake me at night. For the past few days even though its paused Update Orchestrator is waking my pc, but why? Should it not...
  3. How can I keep Update Orchestrator from waking my computer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I keep Update Orchestrator from waking my computer.: Update Orchestrator is constantly waking up my computer. I disabled the ability for my mouse and keyboard to wake my computer , I also turned off wake timers, and turned off Update Orchestrator in "Services". In the Command Window it says Update Orchestrator is the one...
  4. disable auto lock on waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disable auto lock on waking from sleep: disable auto lock on waking from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-lock-on-waking-from-sleep/8ca16e36-cc92-4409-bbf8-62f786b3c262
  5. Update Orchestrator Service is not closing down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Orchestrator Service is not closing down: I cannot change the start parameters of my windows update orchestrator service nor is the closing down. I tried closing it down from the task scheduler but it wont work because it is saying that I don't have the permission to do so. There is a single account on this PC i.e....
  6. Computer waking from sleep after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer waking from sleep after update: Hi, A while back I had an issue where my computer would randomly turn on after being put to sleep/hibernate. I got incredibly frustrated because I would end up waking up in the middle of the night to find out it had turned itself on, or when I got back from work. At some...
  7. Lockscreen Cannot be disabled when computer is waked.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lockscreen Cannot be disabled when computer is waked.: The lock screen on my computer now would show the lock screen when I wake the PC from sleep. There would only be the lock screen and it would not ask for a password to login. I have already changed the windows settings to never require a password on wake in settings and also...
  8. Disable Lockscreen After Waking From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Lockscreen After Waking From Sleep: I'm trying to disable lockscreen after waking from sleep. And I can't find such option. Take a look at the screenshot. [img] I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, I'm system administrator and the only Group Policy settings I changed are this: [img] Please, help me to solve...
  9. Disable screen wake from notifications ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable screen wake from notifications ?: My screen is set to turn off after a while of inactivity, but whenever i get a notification the screen wakes for about 10 seconds or so then turns back off. This computer being in my bedroom, it's easy to see how it this can be a nuance. This only started happening in the...
  10. Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation: Hello, My computer keeps waking when I put it to sleep and I can't determine the cause. How do I find out the reason it woke up, and how do I force it to ignore this event in future? I have a feeling it's one of my peripherals, but I can't be sure. Thank you! 45576

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update orchestrator waking computer