Windows 10: Disable updates for one app in the store.

Discus and support Disable updates for one app in the store. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello all,I was wondering, is there a way to disable the automatic updates for selected apps coming from Microsoft store?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by eirinn1975, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Disable updates for one app in the store.

Hello all,I was wondering, is there a way to disable the automatic updates for selected apps coming from Microsoft store?

:)

eirinn1975, Jun 3, 2021

2. App disappeared from Microsoft store

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Which security software is installed in the computer?
    Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to clear the Store cache and check if the issue persists.

Press Windows key + R

Type wsreset.exe and press OK

Step 2: Disable the security software and check.

Important: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Also, I suggest you run the Windows Store app troubleshooter and check.
    Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows Store not updating existing apps but successfully downloads new apps

Hi,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Kindly run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Method 2: We suggest that you manually reset the Windows Store app cache
    and then try to update apps again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type CMD, and right-click CMD
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Disable updates for one app in the store.

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Disable updates for one app in the store. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Disable updates for one app in the store.

1. Disable updates for one app in the store. - Similar Threads - Disable updates app

2. App Store is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Store is disabled: My App Store is disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-is-disabled/de3e9967-d359-48ef-8a55-c852b53500c4
  3. App Store is disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Store is disabled: My App Store is disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-is-disabled/de3e9967-d359-48ef-8a55-c852b53500c4
  4. How to disable automatic update of store apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable automatic update of store apps?: I have very limited internet connection bandwidth that cannot afford automatic update of store apps in the background in the place I am now but I have a better connection regularly in a different place where I can update them.How to disable automatic update of store apps...
  5. How to disable automatic update of store apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable automatic update of store apps?: I have very limited internet connection bandwidth that cannot afford automatic update of store apps in the background in the place I am now but I have a better connection regularly in a different place where I can update them.How to disable automatic update of store apps...
  6. WINDOWS UPDATE AND STORE DISABLED!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS UPDATE AND STORE DISABLED!!: Hello, this is my first post and i'm really in need of help please I've been facing this problem for almost a week now. The windows update has an error 0x80070422 and so does the microsoft store The troubleshooter reports nothing is wrong These are the things i have done...
  7. Update Store Apps when Store is disabled

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Update Store Apps when Store is disabled: Hi all, I’m confused because of the behavior of the MS Store. In the description of the Group Policy Setting "Turn off the Store applications" is written "Access to the Store is required for installing app updates". But Windows seems to ignore this setting because updates...
  8. Disable Auto Update for particular apps in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Disable Auto Update for particular apps in Microsoft Store: How to disable auto updates for a particular apps in Microsoft Storew?I want to disable Armoury Crate auto updates from Microsoft Store but want auto update for other apps. How to do it? Thanks....
  9. Cannot install this one Store app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot install this one Store app: Hello everyone On my laptop I have a weird issue with the Microsoft Store since last week. I have already installed and removed Python 3.7 or 3.8 from the store before without any problem, but now all I can seem to get is this: Something unexpected happened Reporting this...
  10. Disable "Search for app in the store" popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "Search for app in the store" popup: Hi, We've recently installed some new computers with Windows 10 and when we open one of the programs on them this box pops up every time. When you click no the application will open. Is there any way to stop this box from coming up? [img] 104132