Windows 10: Disable updates in sleepmode

Discus and support Disable updates in sleepmode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is seriously one of the stupidest things there. Why would i want my computer to install updates in SLEEP MODE? It's when i don't want my system to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MajorFoley, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Disable updates in sleepmode

This is seriously one of the stupidest things there. Why would i want my computer to install updates in SLEEP MODE? It's when i don't want my system to change anything yet i can (and have) lose so much from this. How do i stop it updating in sleep mode and i don't want no you can't disable crap.

:)

MajorFoley, Nov 5, 2018

2. Disable updates in sleepmode

It's not automatically downloading thats annoying me so much as it decides to update while my PC is in sleepmode, i don't see how that helps me sorry. I've seen some people say disable it in task scheduler but it won't let me do that despite using the pro
    version.

MajorFoley, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Disable updates in sleepmode

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Suggest you to set your network connection as “metered”. Windows 10 won’t automatically download updates on it. Windows 10 will automatically set certain types of connections as metered. However, you can set any connection as a metered connection.

So, if you don’t want Windows 10 automatically downloading updates on your home network connection, need to set it as a metered connection. Windows 10 will automatically download updates when you connect your device to an unmetered network, or when
    you set the network it’s connected to as unmetered again.

Follow these steps to reset the power plan settings to default.

• Open CMD in admin mode.
    • Copy and paste the command ‘powercfg –restoredefaultschemes’ into the command prompt, and press Enter. Once this is done, remember to restart the computer.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 6, 2018
  4. JoernViby Win User

Disable updates in sleepmode

start from sleepmode

Restart from sleepmode takes 90 sec

JoernViby, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Disable updates in sleepmode

1. Disable updates in sleepmode - Similar Threads - Disable updates sleepmode

2. Blue screen after sleepmode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after sleepmode: Everytime after my PC goes into sleepmode it crashes when I start it. This is since a few weeks... I cannot find out why this happens.In this We transfer link is my windows minidump fileshttps://we.tl/t-246gMeDx4w...
  3. Blue screen after sleepmode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen after sleepmode: Everytime after my PC goes into sleepmode it crashes when I start it. This is since a few weeks... I cannot find out why this happens.In this We transfer link is my windows minidump fileshttps://we.tl/t-246gMeDx4w...
  4. PC Is doing a soft shutdown when going into sleepmode?

PC Is doing a soft shutdown when going into sleepmode?: Hello AllI've been using my custom built pc for a long time now with no issues.But recently when my business started picking up, I was just putting my pc into sleep mode so I don't lose my spot on any projects I had open.I would push the power button and my pc would just...
  5. PC Is doing a soft shutdown when going into sleepmode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Is doing a soft shutdown when going into sleepmode?: Hello AllI've been using my custom built pc for a long time now with no issues.But recently when my business started picking up, I was just putting my pc into sleep mode so I don't lose my spot on any projects I had open.I would push the power button and my pc would just...
  6. Display Quality Issue After Entering Sleepmode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Quality Issue After Entering Sleepmode.: Hello,I'm not exactly sure how to describe my issue nor have I been able to find anything along the lines of others with a similar problem. My settings for my, recently built Windows 11, PC are set so that if it is idle for 5 minutes that the screen will turn off. This is the...
  7. Display Quality Issue After Entering Sleepmode.

Display Quality Issue After Entering Sleepmode.: Hello,I'm not exactly sure how to describe my issue nor have I been able to find anything along the lines of others with a similar problem. My settings for my, recently built Windows 11, PC are set so that if it is idle for 5 minutes that the screen will turn off. This is the...
  8. Network issues after sleepmode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network issues after sleepmode: Hi there,I have been using my Lenovo IdeaPad 5 for about two months now, with windows 11 running. However, everytime I 'lock' or 'Sleep' my laptop, I experience network issues upon unlocking/sleeping. The network icon on the bottom right doesn't show my laptop is connected,...
  9. Network issues after sleepmode

Network issues after sleepmode: Hi there,I have been using my Lenovo IdeaPad 5 for about two months now, with windows 11 running. However, everytime I 'lock' or 'Sleep' my laptop, I experience network issues upon unlocking/sleeping. The network icon on the bottom right doesn't show my laptop is connected,...
  10. Window 10 keeps on freezing after sleepmode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 keeps on freezing after sleepmode: Window 10 keeps on freezing after sleep mode, I have tried the restart, reinstall new windows and DISM.exe process, check disk, and scan now but the issue keeps on persisting. Last option i have is to turn off the Sleep mode but still checking if their is another option....