Windows 10: Disable updates - Loss of 3D print work due to this!

Discus and support Disable updates - Loss of 3D print work due to this! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have now lost a total of 3 3D print jobs, multiple hours into the process, due to aggressive nature of Windows 10's update. While I understand the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Samantha0x84, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Disable updates - Loss of 3D print work due to this!

I have now lost a total of 3 3D print jobs, multiple hours into the process, due to aggressive nature of Windows 10's update.

While I understand the importance of ensuring uses get security updates, restarting without user permission because the device appears "idle" is extremely frustrating. While I try to remember to keep my machine on airplane mode during print jobs, mistakes happen.

I attempted to disable the service, however it appears this is not a solution as it, without the users permission, resets itself.

Is there way to negate this? Because if not I am quite frankly ditching this OS and moving to a Linux distro. It has cost me both time, and to a lesser extent money (3d print filament). I have canceled my 365 subscription over this. I am not happy.

:)

Samantha0x84, Dec 22, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

3D printing with 3d builder

Hello,

If you are unable to print, it could be due to outdated printer driver, or that the problem may be hardware-related. For us to isolate the issue about 3D printing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Are you able to print using another computer? This is for us to see if the issue is specific to your printer or to your computer.
    • Are there any error messages that appear when you attempt to print?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 22, 2018
  3. 3D Build and 3D print support for FlashForge Inventor Printer

Hello Dave,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to assist you.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Have you tried printing any normal document on your computer?

Method 1:

I would suggest you to download the latest software
    Click here
    from flash forge and see if that works. You may also contact printer support if does not get the option to make changes in Flash forge.

Method 2:

Please refer the Microsoft article related to 3D print:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/3d-print/windows-3d-printing

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22881/windows-10-3d

Hope it helps.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Dec 22, 2018
  4. MarekLT Win User

Disable updates - Loss of 3D print work due to this!

3D Builder, Print 3D

thank you yes the 3D Builder is now working but the Print 3D is steel not working but thank you for updating the 3D Builder can you realise a new version for the Print 3D I will be more then grateful for it.

MarekLT, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Disable updates - Loss of 3D print work due to this!

1. Disable updates - Loss of 3D print work due to this! - Similar Threads - Disable updates Loss

2. Finger Print are disabled due to Windows Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finger Print are disabled due to Windows Active Directory: Hi Support,I have windows 11 Professional Operating System. I have configured the User's account in Active directory so that user should not change the password and the password will never expired. If user forgotten the password,we will change the user password /reset in...
  3. Finger Print are disabled due to Windows Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finger Print are disabled due to Windows Active Directory: Hi Support,I have windows 11 Professional Operating System. I have configured the User's account in Active directory so that user should not change the password and the password will never expired. If user forgotten the password,we will change the user password /reset in...
  4. print 3d error

print 3d error: On print 3d it says failed to loud printer capabilities I checked what 3d printer windows can work with and my 3d printer showed up first how do I fix this problem? and o my 3d printer name is XYZprinting da Vinci junior 1.0 professional. How do I fix this?????...
  5. Loss of magenta in print outs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of magenta in print outs: Have changed printers, and changed to new cartridge, but no sign of anything requiring magenta ink. Also reloaded the printer software. Suspect it is a fault inside the PC Dell desktop or Windows 10. Any clues?...
  6. Loss use of my external monitor due to recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss use of my external monitor due to recent updates: I have recenlty updated my Dell Xps 13 9300 and now have lost the use of my external monitor using usb-c to hdmi adapter. Have spoke to a few different Microsoft consultants and have had know luck in resolving the issue. I guess ill have to switch back to apple...
  7. Packet loss due a driver problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Packet loss due a driver problem: I made this post on more than 10 forums, TP-Link support, Microsoft forum and more. No one can solve and i hope you guys can. I have a TL-WN8200ND v2 adapter to use Wifi, on the lastest windows updates (1909, 1903, 1803, 1809) this device started to be slower than ever, I...
  8. 3d print drivers on com port 11 get disabled by microsoft update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3d print drivers on com port 11 get disabled by microsoft update: Last night I spent 4 hours on the phone and on the computer with Microsoft Tech Support for my home machine.... Ever since they did a security update about two or three weeks ago, My 3d printer is unable to connect to my home machine... I have reloaded the drivers the update...
  9. Printing 3D Models on 2D printing sheets

Printing 3D Models on 2D printing sheets: When trying to print a model on paper, it always prints at the same size even when I change the dimensions on 3d builder. Is it possible to print on paper in the same 2D dimensions as on the 3d builder application? Yours Sincerely MD 3D Printing ***Modified Title...
  10. 3d builder 3d printing to my printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    3d builder 3d printing to my printer: How do I print 3d builder objects on my monoprice mini delta ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-3d-printing-to-my-printer/e73a89b1-d715-4234-964a-653514611be2