Windows 10: Disable UPnP without disabling Network discovery

Discus and support Disable UPnP without disabling Network discovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to disable UPnP because the port are being open without my notice. My modem does not allow disabling UPnP. When I search on Google, it just give... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by evildog1, Oct 4, 2018.

1. evildog1 Win User

Disable UPnP without disabling Network discovery

I want to disable UPnP because the port are being open without my notice. My modem does not allow disabling UPnP.
    When I search on Google, it just give me tutorial how to disable Network discovery. That's not what i want, because i use it. I want to disable UPnP on Windows so that it doesn't open the ports like IP cameras have option to disable UPnP.
    How do i do that?

:)

evildog1, Oct 4, 2018
  2. phrab Win User

Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10

Thank you. Of the 4 things they mentioned, only Function Discovery Resource Publication was enabled. I enabled the last two, but the DNT Client is disabled & the dropdown box is greyed out. I'm not sure how to enable it.
    • DNS Client
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication
    • SSDP Discovery
    • UPnP Device Host

phrab, Oct 4, 2018
  3. bro67 Win User
    Disable Network Discovery?

You do not want to disable Network Discovery. Otherwise you are going to break the Operating system. If it is set to Public on your private LAN, you need to reset it to Private.

bro67, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Disable UPnP without disabling Network discovery

Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Disable UPnP without disabling Network discovery

1. Disable UPnP without disabling Network discovery - Similar Threads - Disable UPnP without

2. Enable or Disable DNR or Discovery of Network designated Resolvers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable DNR or Discovery of Network designated Resolvers in Windows 11: [IMG]Discovery of Network designated Resolvers (DNR) is a new standard that makes it easier for devices to find encrypted DNS servers. DNS servers help devices find the websites they’re looking for online. Encrypted DNS servers help keep your internet activity more secure and...
  3. Bluetooth: disable discovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth: disable discovery: i dont want other bluetooth devices discovering my PC. Under "More bluetooth options," there is a box to check under "Discovery," "Allow bluetooth devices to find this PC." I have the box unchecked and my computer is still discoverable by my other bluetooth devices. It there...
  4. Bluetooth: disable discovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth: disable discovery: i dont want other bluetooth devices discovering my PC. Under "More bluetooth options," there is a box to check under "Discovery," "Allow bluetooth devices to find this PC." I have the box unchecked and my computer is still discoverable by my other bluetooth devices. It there...
  5. Bluetooth: disable discovery

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. why does microsoft disable network discovery?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does microsoft disable network discovery?: why does Microsoft disable network discovery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-disable-network-discovery/317ceb9a-b3e4-474c-8b92-c45a9d558e72
  7. Network Discovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Discovery: I have a server running windows server 2008 r2 and the network discovery is on. On why windows 10 pc I don't see it. I can see my windows 10 machine on the server-side but not the other way. Any solutions, or suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. submitted by...
  8. Headphones disabling without disabling speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones disabling without disabling speakers: Hi, I have a dell latitude 3189 with windows 10 on it. I wanted to ask something. My headphone jack is stuck in the headphone port. Its pretty annoying because my laptop detects the little piece of the headphone jack. Can disable my headphones without disabling my speakers?...
  9. Network Discovery.

Network Discovery.: Network Discovery. I added a USB memory stick to my router (as suggested by Computer Active) I tried to access it from my laptop by trying \\192.168.1.1 (My router default gateway) as suggested in the article. It came back with Network Discovery must be switched on - - - - -...
  10. Disable Network Discovery?

Disable Network Discovery?: Hi if someone could help me with the following I would be most grateful thanks! Every time i turn off network discovery and file and printer sharing,after restarting my PC it has turned back on again.How can i get to set it to stay off permanently? I am on a home network...