Windows 10: Disable Upper Right Text Box in Start Menu

Discus and support Disable Upper Right Text Box in Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, In 16299 build, is there a way to disable Text Box in Start Menu, via Registry? [img] 100540 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Dec 16, 2017.

1. omidsolo Win User

Disable Upper Right Text Box in Start Menu

Howdy,
    In 16299 build, is there a way to disable Text Box in Start Menu, via Registry?

Disable Upper Right Text Box in Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

omidsolo, Dec 16, 2017
  2. Kris Ver Win User

Windows 10 Black Box in Upper Right Screen

Hi Liane,

Thank you for providing details about your concern. We would like to ask for more information so we could provide a proper resolution. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this? Were there any changes made on your account prior to this?

Meanwhile, if you only have one user account on your PC, try creating another local user or administrator account to check if the same issue persists. In
    this way, we can identify if the issue is related with a corrupted user profile.

Here are the steps on how to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

We look forward to your response.

Kris Ver, Dec 16, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Black Box in Upper Right Screen

Hi, I have searched help and none of the answers have helped me. I have a 1" square black box in the upper right of my screen, with a second mouse pointer in it. My main mouse pointer goes all squirrely and fades in and out. I have tried doing a clean
    boot, checking my display settings, nothing gets rid of the dang thing. Help!

LianeBenson, Dec 16, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

That's not a search box, it's a dialog box to name that group of tiles.

Edwin, Dec 16, 2017
  5. omidsolo Win User
    No way to hide it? No need to name them! *Smile

omidsolo, Dec 16, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey omidsolo,
    Don't name them and you won't see them *Smile

Eagle51, Dec 16, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    They won't show if you don't name them,

(except on mouse over, to move the group by grabbing on to the horizontal bars)

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Upper Right Text Box in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Disable Upper Right

2. Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable the right-click […] This article Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. start menu boxes gray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu boxes gray: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/go_beavs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqcags/start_menu_boxes_gray/
  4. Start Menu Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Text: How do I restore the text in my Start menu when it disappeared after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-text/e070086c-126a-44c1-9fea-35a67ac46e7f
  5. Start Menu text is Black

in Cortana
    Start Menu text is Black: Hey y'all, To give a bit of background, I had to clone and replace my SSD due to an issue with the SATA connector. I had no issues with the search/start menu before this. Whether I have the theme in Light or Dark Mode, when I search something on Cortana it looks like this:...
  6. Is there a way to disable this text box that keeps appearing?

Is there a way to disable this text box that keeps appearing?: So this text box appears whenever i am using the Korean setting on my keyboard, it prevents me from actually typing and i cannot seem to find a way to disable it, any advice? [ATTACH]...
  7. Start menu text color

Start menu text color: good morning, im not sure if this has been posted and solved, but i have a hard time reading the start menu text..i even changed the default app mode from dark to light. and i cant figure out how to change the color of the text. any help would be appreciated thankyou in...
  8. Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?

Is there a way to disable the 'New' text in the Start Menu?: When a new program is installed it displays 'New' next to it and next to 'all apps' in the start menu, any way to disable? Thanks 16739
  9. Right-click Start menu and it's white text on black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right-click Start menu and it's white text on black: It looks like this: [img] Anyone know how to make this white on black text or transparent. Also the title bars in notepad etc are not transparent 47417
  10. Grey text on start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey text on start menu?: After latest cumulative update I notice loads of my start menu entries are written in grey. Most are white but there are quite a few in grey. They still seem to launch ok but this is very odd. Rebooting seems to return many of the text entries to white but then slowly more...