Windows 10: Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry

Discus and support Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a USB device in my device manger called "USB Station" -- this appears to be a device / driver for my docking station. There is no Power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JVillar313, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry

I have a USB device in my device manger called "USB Station" -- this appears to be a device / driver for my docking station.

There is no Power Management option for this device in the device manager. How can I change the registry so that 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is disabled from this device. Currently this device gets automatically disconnected in sleep mode and it disconnects all monitors from my laptop, collapsing everything to the laptop monitor each time I wake it from sleep mode.

:)

JVillar313, Dec 13, 2020

2. Disable USB Power

When I turn off my Windows 10 machine, USB devices remain powered on. I would like them to power off.

I have already:

1. Disabled USB selective suspend
    2. Disabled Fast Start
    3. Disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on the Power Management of the USB Root Hub Properties, as well as on the Generic USB Hub Properties and the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.
    How is this resolved? Any help is appreciated.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041

mattcrichards, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Guru-# Win User
    USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Dec 13, 2020
  4. John_334 Win User

Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry

Windows 10, unable to disable USB selective suspend

Upon upgrading to Windows 10, I have noticed that my external USB device powers off after a few minutes of inactivity.

I have researched this, and already changed the following setting:

For all 4 power plans listed on my computer, I have gone to "USB settings", and selected "disable" for "USB selective suspend setting" for both "on Battery" and "Plugged in" for all 4 power plans.

Device manager: "USB Serial Bus Controllers", I have made sure all USB items that have a "Power Management" tab are unchecked for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

The issue continues, the USB device still turns off after a few minutes of inactivity. This happens on 2 separate Windows 10 machines, and never happened on the same machine running Windows 7, before the upgrade to Windows 10.

Are there any other settings that I need to change to disable the USB selective suspend in Windows 10?

Is there a registry setting where I can simply change the timeout period to some other timeout value, i.e. 60 minutes?

John_334, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry

1. Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry - Similar Threads - Disable USB device

2. Disable Power Management for all USB Mass Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Power Management for all USB Mass Storage Devices: Is there a way to change the default behavior so 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is automatically disabled for new devices that are plugged into a USB port?...
  3. USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 News
    USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend: [ATTACH]If after running the powercfg /ENERGY command on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, and in the Efficiency Diagnostics Report you see the error message USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend, then this post is intended to help you with the most adequate...
  4. How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable Swiftkey via Registry?: I was working on a mega reg file to set up my OS for me. I found out how to do almost everything via registry hacks. One of the exceptions is turning off Swiftkey. Does anyone know how to do this via registry? Also, I would prefer to disable, grey out the option, Swiftkey,...
  5. [Discussion] USB Suspend Settings / USB Power Management are problematic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Discussion] USB Suspend Settings / USB Power Management are problematic: I just got a new PC with fresh settings about two month ago. Thinking fresh system should have no issue on most of the thing, I naively plug my old keyboard (a MKA-3C) into the new PC. Before anything, the keyboard has no issue on the old PC, even with the keyboard RGB light...
  6. Disable USB Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable USB Power: When I turn off my Windows 10 machine, USB devices remain powered on. I would like them to power off. I have already: Disabled USB selective suspend Disabled Fast Start Disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on the Power Management of the USB...
  7. Disabling Keys via Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Keys via Registry: I need to disable the Ctrl, Alt, Del, Esc, an function keys. These need to be registry edits, not through 3rd party software. Thanks in advance :) 141760
  8. Power Output via USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Output via USB: USB3 ports output 0.8-0.9A. I always my connect my phone to usb3 port. Most phones follow the USB Battery Charging spec to negotiate a higher current since they are the reason the spec was defined in the first place. I'm just not so sure if a microphone would necessarily do...
  9. Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend: Hi there- kind of an unusual problem. I'm having issues with a 3rd party Microsoft wireless controller receiver shutting off in game. One option I haven't explored yet is USB selective suspend messing with its power. Unfortunately, when I go to change the advanced power...
  10. Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo: In 10 v1511 there is a new entry in the start menu search called "device search history" that is enabled by default. I use Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] "AllowCortana"=dword:00000000 "DisableWebSearch"=dword:00000001...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. USB selective suspend registry