Windows 10: Disable USB Power Flow When PC is Off?

Discus and support Disable USB Power Flow When PC is Off? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I've got a strange request/question to ask. Is it possible to disable a USB ports power supply when your PC is shutdown? For example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jonni_kennito, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Disable USB Power Flow When PC is Off?

Hello everyone.
    I've got a strange request/question to ask.
    Is it possible to disable a USB ports power supply when your PC is shutdown?

For example, if I connect a USB cable to my PC to charge my phone it will still charge when my PC is off. I would like to disable this so that no USB ports allow charging or supply power when my PC is off.

I would be guessing this is probably a BIOS change, however I thought I would ask here just in case Windows 10 has the ability to force override the feature.

submitted by /u/Jonni_kennito
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jonni_kennito, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Disable "Power Surge on USB" message

Hi David,

If the system detects that a USB port is going over the power limit, the system is set to notify the user by default. However, since you mentioned that you're still getting the notification after you disabled the alerts, we suggest following these steps
    instead:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click anything that has USB Host Controller in its name, and select
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Let us know if the error notification disappears after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Dia01 Win User
    USB power required when PC turned off

Disabled selective power standby as well, still no luck with any of the suggestions.

Dia01, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Disable USB Power Flow When PC is Off?

USB powered external hard drive will not power down.

Hi Vikki,

To help resolve your concern with USB powered external hard drive issue, you can refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard, type
      devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click the USB Hub, and then choose Properties.
    • Click Power Management tab, and then enable Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      option.
    If the issue persists, you can consider contacting your device manufacturer for advanced assistance regarding BIOS settings. The
    BIOS has unique USB port settings that can manage its power/electric flow.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Disable USB Power Flow When PC is Off?

1. Disable USB Power Flow When PC is Off? - Similar Threads - Disable USB Power

2. disable ethernet connection when pc is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable ethernet connection when pc is off: when my pc shuts down, my ethernet connection is still lit up when pc is off, is there some where in the bios i can disable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-ethernet-connection-when-pc-is-off/483c788a-acb6-4d48-865b-62c9b52b71a2
  3. disable ethernet connection when pc is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable ethernet connection when pc is off: when my pc shuts down, my ethernet connection is still lit up when pc is off, is there some where in the bios i can disable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-ethernet-connection-when-pc-is-off/483c788a-acb6-4d48-865b-62c9b52b71a2
  4. disable ethernet connection when pc is off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The clock on the display stops when the PC is in power off and starts again when power is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The clock on the display stops when the PC is in power off and starts again when power is...: See subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-clock-on-the-display-stops-when-the-pc-is-in/f2efc877-cceb-4328-8821-4516c24589f7
  6. Disable USB Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable USB Power: When I turn off my Windows 10 machine, USB devices remain powered on. I would like them to power off. I have already: Disabled USB selective suspend Disabled Fast Start Disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on the Power Management of the USB...
  7. Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to switch off the power supply of the USB socket on the PC?: I want the data exchange to take place without the PC charging my smartphone. Is that possible? Kann man die Stromversorgung der USB-Buchse am PC abschalten?
  8. PC power shut off when idle

PC power shut off when idle: My Lenovo all in one PC starts to shut off when idle a few days ago. Power supply is OK. Had a power outage a few days ago but I have surge protection and UPS, so don't think that caused it. Don't remember whether that happened right after the power outage. If this is a heat...
  9. Microsoft Flow Disabled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Flow Disabled: What is Microsoft Flow and is this email really from Microsoft: [ATTACH] It looks suspicious. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-flow-disabled/673621b7-acfd-441b-9f62-9b2d413846db"
  10. USB docking station - powered on or off when not in use ?

USB docking station - powered on or off when not in use ?: Have a new 2 HDD docking station for 2 of my older/larger Sata HDDs....question is should the docking station be powered on when not in use...?...does having it/them powered on shorten or affect their live expectancy or the docking station itself useful life ?...