Windows 10: Disable USB Power

Discus and support Disable USB Power in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I turn off my Windows 10 machine, USB devices remain powered on. I would like them to power off. I have already: Disabled USB selective... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mattcrichards, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Disable USB Power

When I turn off my Windows 10 machine, USB devices remain powered on. I would like them to power off.

I have already:

1. Disabled USB selective suspend
    2. Disabled Fast Start
    3. Disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on the Power Management of the USB Root Hub Properties, as well as on the Generic USB Hub Properties and the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.

How is this resolved? Any help is appreciated.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041

:)

mattcrichards, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Disable "Power Surge on USB" message

Hi David,

If the system detects that a USB port is going over the power limit, the system is set to notify the user by default. However, since you mentioned that you're still getting the notification after you disabled the alerts, we suggest following these steps
    instead:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow beside Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click anything that has USB Host Controller in its name, and select
      Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.

Let us know if the error notification disappears after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Guru-# Win User
    USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Dia01 Win User

Disable USB Power

USB power required when PC turned off

Disabled selective power standby as well, still no luck with any of the suggestions.

Dia01, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Disable USB Power

1. Disable USB Power - Similar Threads - Disable USB Power

2. Will usb power stop after setting USBTOR to disable USB port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will usb power stop after setting USBTOR to disable USB port?: I am using USBTOR settings in Registry Editor to control the USB port.However I will need those USB ports to provide powers to another device. May I know does that affect the stability or even cannot provide power of those USB ports?...
  3. Will usb power stop after setting USBTOR to disable USB port?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will usb power stop after setting USBTOR to disable USB port?: I am using USBTOR settings in Registry Editor to control the USB port.However I will need those USB ports to provide powers to another device. May I know does that affect the stability or even cannot provide power of those USB ports?...
  4. Will usb power stop after setting USBTOR to disable USB port?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disable Power Management for all USB Mass Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Power Management for all USB Mass Storage Devices: Is there a way to change the default behavior so 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is automatically disabled for new devices that are plugged into a USB port?...
  6. Disable Power Management for all USB Mass Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Power Management for all USB Mass Storage Devices: Is there a way to change the default behavior so 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is automatically disabled for new devices that are plugged into a USB port?...
  7. How to disable USB components' power management settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable USB components' power management settings: How can I set up a Power plan in which all Power Management options, like the wake up etc., is cleared / disabled in the Power Management, HID devices? 179119
  8. How to disable USB components' power management settings

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable USB components' power management settings: How can I set up a Power plan in which all Power Management options, like the wake up etc., is cleared / disabled in the Power Management, HID devices? 179119
  9. Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry: I have a USB device in my device manger called "USB Station" -- this appears to be a device / driver for my docking station. There is no Power Management option for this device in the device manager. How can I change the registry so that 'Allow the computer to turn off this...
  10. Disable USB Power Flow When PC is Off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable USB Power Flow When PC is Off?: Hello everyone. I've got a strange request/question to ask. Is it possible to disable a USB ports power supply when your PC is shutdown? For example, if I connect a USB cable to my PC to charge my phone it will still charge when my PC is off. I would like to disable this so...