Windows 10: Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm in a corporate environment, and am trying to figure out how I can block users from using their personal Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Pete_Mitchell, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store

I'm in a corporate environment, and am trying to figure out how I can block users from using their personal Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store. As it is now, users can get around any restrictions I put on the Store by just logging in with their personal Microsoft account. The "Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts" group policy doesn't work for that, and neither does the setting to make Microsoft accounts optional for the Microsoft Store. Any ideas?

:)

Pete_Mitchell, Jul 30, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jul 30, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store

Issues with logging into Store and Mail with Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Hi Ravi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change computer is not connected to the network or there is change in app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "while log in to Microsoft account in store or mail ", are you connected to the internet while trying to configure Microsoft account in Store and Mail? Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail app?
    • Are you logged into the Microsoft Account or Local Account?

I suggest you to run the below Windows Store apps troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into store and mail, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store

1. Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Disable using Microsoft

2. Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store: I just reinstalled Windows but kept my data, and now I cannot log into the Microsoft store or my Microsoft account through Windows 10, leaving me stuck on a local account. It just says oops, it looks like it was our fault. Try Again. I tried updating my pc, but this didn't...
  3. Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 or Microsoft Store: I just reinstalled Windows but kept my data, and now I cannot log into the Microsoft store or my Microsoft account through Windows 10, leaving me stuck on a local account. It just says oops, it looks like it was our fault. Try Again. I tried updating my pc, but this didn't...
  4. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

Using microsoft store without Microsoft account: I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a Microsoft account.I no longer want to use the Microsoft account. I removed the account from Windows under Settings / Email and...
  5. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using microsoft store without Microsoft account: I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a Microsoft account.I no longer want to use the Microsoft account. I removed the account from Windows under Settings / Email and...
  6. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't log into Microsoft account in the Microsoft Store

Can't log into Microsoft account in the Microsoft Store: Every time I try to log into the microsoft store I get error code 0x80070426. Windows defender doesn't work either. When I click on Open Windows Security in the windows settings, windows defender pops up for a fraction of a second and immediately closes. I tried some of the...
  8. Lock an account that someone using my account to log in microsoft store.

Lock an account that someone using my account to log in microsoft store.: Is it able to lock someone's PC , if a guy using my account to log in atMicrosoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-an-account-that-someone-using-my-account-to/a53db1f3-f699-4339-9097-796b2c31ec69
  9. I cannot log in to a new microsoft account on Microsoft Store.

I cannot log in to a new microsoft account on Microsoft Store.: This is the error it gives me. I tried to edit group policy but it didnt help. Any ideas? I'm just trying to download a game thats on my other account. Thanks!...
  10. Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store: Title says it all. I like to boot up and log in with no password but I want to use my Microsoft account when I am fooling with store apps. Is this possible? 14892