Windows 10: Disable Virtualisation Based Security, but how?

Discus and support Disable Virtualisation Based Security, but how? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; GDay All, I have an AMD based PC running Windows 10 Pro and I recently installed WSL & WSL2 and since that time, I am unable to run Ryzen Master.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by trumpy81, Jul 12, 2020.

1. trumpy81 Win User

Disable Virtualisation Based Security, but how?

GDay All,

I have an AMD based PC running Windows 10 Pro and I recently installed WSL & WSL2 and since that time, I am unable to run Ryzen Master.

Whenever I start Ryzen Master I get the following message:
    "Ryzen Master can only run with Virtualisation Based Security VBS disabled in the Windows operating system. Please disable VBS and re-start Ryzen Master."

The only problem is, every attempt to disable VBS that I have found so far, the setting is either not enabled or has never been configured. I don't have the reported Registry entries, the Hypervisor has not been enabled/installed and none of the settings in gpedit have been enabled or configured.

I do have SVM enabled in the BIOS, but that is required to run VirtualBox and/or VMware Workstation.

I removed WSL & WSL2 as best I could, but that did not change anything and I'm not sure if I actually removed everything correctly. There were some commands that simply failed, even though they probably shouldn't have.

I also added `EnableVirtualizationBasedSecurity` to the registry, but that did not help either.

I should also say that Ryzen Master works on my vanilla install of Windows 10 I dual boot without any issues and I have not installed WSL there at all.

Anyone have any suggestions in regards to how to solve this issue?

My Computer Specs are:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

ASUS ROGStrix x570-E Gaming

32GB Ram

Windows 10 Pro version 2004 build 19041.264 installed on the 19-Jun-2020.

:)

trumpy81, Jul 12, 2020

2. Couldnt virtualise on Windows 10

Hi
    I havent been able to virtualise on Windows 10. I am not finding Hyper-V listed on Windows Feature list.
    So I went to BIOS and enabled the Virtualisation Technology 'VT-X' only. Can you think of a solution to this problem please? I need to insal SAS software on virtualisation.

I use Toshiba C-850. I enclose the screenshot.

Thanks

nairunni60, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to restart when I install Adobe product and my system is set in UEFI secure boot mode with Virstualisation based protection enabled

I have a Winodws 10 machine and I am unable to restart my machine, when my machine is set to secure boot mode.

Also I have ''Virtualisation based security enabled on my machine'

What is the issue with these settings that it does not allow me to restart my machine after I install Adobe photoshop Elements product.

My machine seems to run fine when I disable any one of the settings from ''secure boot'' or ''virtualisation based security"

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vipin

Vipin Gupta07, Jul 12, 2020
  4. harrymc Win User

Windows 10: Permanently disable VBS (Virtualization-based security)?

This procedure should disable Virtualization Based Security:

• Run gpedit.msc
    • Go to
      Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Guard
    • Double click Turn on Virtualization Based Security
    • Select Disabled
    • Click OK
    • A reboot might be required.

harrymc, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Disable Virtualisation Based Security, but how? - Similar Threads - Disable Virtualisation Based

2. How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??: In my window 11 laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3511 with 11gen Intel R core i3-1115G4 it shows virtualisation is enabled in task manager but app installer which requires virtualisation show virtualisation is disabled so enable it. I have verified my laptop has virtualisation option,...
  3. How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??: In my window 11 laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3511 with 11gen Intel R core i3-1115G4 it shows virtualisation is enabled in task manager but app installer which requires virtualisation show virtualisation is disabled so enable it. I have verified my laptop has virtualisation option,...
  4. DIsable virtualization based security on Windows 11 Workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIsable virtualization based security on Windows 11 Workstation: HII have followed this to disable virtualization based security https://www.anoopcnair.com/disable-virtualization-based-security-windows/but no matter what i do value in registry still comes at 1 although i run registry as administrator i tried in group policy i removed...
  5. DIsable virtualization based security on Windows 11 Workstation

DIsable virtualization based security on Windows 11 Workstation: HII have followed this to disable virtualization based security https://www.anoopcnair.com/disable-virtualization-based-security-windows/but no matter what i do value in registry still comes at 1 although i run registry as administrator i tried in group policy i removed...
  6. I can't turn off Virtualisation-based security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn off Virtualisation-based security?: I changed the group policy and edited the registry but it still shows that Virtualisation-based security is running - I did restart my laptop. I want to be able to run VMware workstation player.OS: Windows 11 proLaptop: Thinkpad P14s Gen 2Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 proThanks, for...
  7. I can't turn off Virtualisation-based security?

I can't turn off Virtualisation-based security?: I changed the group policy and edited the registry but it still shows that Virtualisation-based security is running - I did restart my laptop. I want to be able to run VMware workstation player.OS: Windows 11 proLaptop: Thinkpad P14s Gen 2Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 proThanks, for...
  8. Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely: When I am enabling virtualisation support from Programs and Features, my Ethernet adapter no longer shows up in adapter options. I have checked device manager, where the adapter seems to show an error, with a Code-48. I have tried all possible fixes for the Code-48 error but...
  9. How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903: I use bluestack and it didn't work when VBS is on but require hardware virtualisation. Please help. Previously I was using 1803 where it has an option to disable it without turning off virtualisation from BIOS. I can't find it now....
  10. How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903: Previously I was using 1803 where it has an option to disable it without turning off virtualisation from BIOS. I can't find it now. I use bluestack and it didn't work when VBS is on but require hardware virtualisation. Please help....