Windows 10: Disable Wake screen & Sign In

Discus and support Disable Wake screen & Sign In in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Win10homex64 Haven't had any success in disabling the ad screen and sign-in after wake. Tried TenForums tools, tried disable password on wake,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Snick, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Snick Win User

Disable Wake screen & Sign In

Hello,
    Win10homex64
    Haven't had any success in disabling the ad screen and sign-in after wake. Tried TenForums tools, tried disable password on wake, tried chaning a few more things, tried Googling, tried reg scripts, got locked out of apps.
    Reimaged drive, when through this again, again.
    Reimaged drive, stuck here.
    What is the trick please?
    I know there is one! I have a plethora of fixes for Win7 on SevenForums
    Bill

:)

Snick, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Steamer Win User

Disable screen wake from notifications ?

Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried it but Quiet Hours does not stop the screen from waking. I also had all notifications disabled for a while, which does stop the screen from waking, but this obv makes me miss notifications while I'm actively on the PC.

Any other ideas?

Steamer, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Disable sign-in screen on wake-up without EVER having to type a password in the life of the computer

I am using local account. I'm not asking to not have a password, already done that. I want the sign in screen to go away. So when I wake up the computer, currently, I have to click sign in to get to the desktop. I want to go straight to the desktop, no
    sign in button or screen or anything. Step 1 click button to wake up, Step 2 watch desktop come on the screen, thats it. Windows settings has that options, IF I choose a password. I would like instructions on how to change the registry to disable the log in
    screen that comes up after you wake the computer from sleep or hibernation, or any easier way that leaves me without a password or having to choose a password, ever.

None_None_None_you_aint_geting_a_name_MS_F_U, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Disable Wake screen & Sign In

Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Disable Wake screen & Sign In

1. Disable Wake screen & Sign In - Similar Threads - Disable Wake screen

2. Disabling sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabling sign in screen: I cannot disable the sign in screen anymore after the latest update. What is this nonsense? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-sign-in-screen/1933db15-5e3f-48a5-84ce-fd723fbdcd49
  3. Sleep Wakes to Sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sleep Wakes to Sign in: My pc just started to wake up from sleep to the sign in screen, like when I change users. Have tried making several adjustments in power options but the sign in page still comes up, any help. 161942
  4. Sleep Wakes to Sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Wakes to Sign in: My pc just started to wake up from sleep to the sign in screen, like when I change users. Have tried making several adjustments in power options but the sign in page still comes up, any help. 161942
  5. any way to disable sign in after wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    any way to disable sign in after wake from sleep?: I recently installed the 2004 version of Windows 10 and none of the old ways to disable sign in from wake are available. This is on an HP laptop. Can anyone help? Thanks. submitted by /u/whatgoodisthat [link] [comments]...
  6. disable the sign in screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disable the sign in screen: So far I can only find the wrong answer to this question. Disable the screen, not the ability to type a password or the need to type a password to log onto windows. How can I remove the screen that says, "sign in"? All the answers so far assume the this question is about...
  7. Disable Wake screen & Sign In

Disable Wake screen & Sign In: Hello, Happy Thanksgiving! Win10 Home x64 1903 all updates! Haven't had any success in disabling the ad screen and sign-in after wake. Tried TenForums tools, tried disable password on wake, tried chaning a few more things, tried Googling, tried reg scripts, got locked out of...
  8. Remove Sign In Screen after screen wake.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Sign In Screen after screen wake.: Hi, I have a problem that I cannot seem to overcome. I have a Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) tablet device that I need to get rid of the sign in screen after the screen comes out of sleep. I have checked all the threads here that I think relate to the problem to no avail,...
  9. No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by)

No Sign-in screen after wake-up (st-by): Hi, thank you for your kind support/suggestions. Before writing here I searched almost everywhere, I was able to sucessfully avoid the sign in screen at startup, but not after wakeup (st-by or hibernation). DO you have other suggestions? What I have: Win10 1703 15063.608...
  10. Disable screen wake from notifications ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable screen wake from notifications ?: My screen is set to turn off after a while of inactivity, but whenever i get a notification the screen wakes for about 10 seconds or so then turns back off. This computer being in my bedroom, it's easy to see how it this can be a nuance. This only started happening in the...