Windows 10: Disable Web Results in Start Menu Search, but enable Image search (Windows 10 2004)

Discus and support Disable Web Results in Start Menu Search, but enable Image search (Windows 10 2004) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, I'm looking for a way to disable the Web results, but let the Image search feature enabled. Apparently the regedit method works again to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zopyrus2, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Disable Web Results in Start Menu Search, but enable Image search (Windows 10 2004)

Hello there,

I'm looking for a way to disable the Web results, but let the Image search feature enabled. Apparently the regedit method works again to turn web search in windows search off (bingsearchenabled). But unfortunately this also disables the image search feature.

So, is there a way to do this?

submitted by /u/zopyrus2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zopyrus2, Aug 4, 2020

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Disable Web Results in Start Menu Search, but enable Image search (Windows 10 2004) a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

Disable Web Results in Start Menu Search, but enable Image search (Windows 10 2004) 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Aug 4, 2020
  4. omidsolo Win User

Disable Web Results in Start Menu Search, but enable Image search (Windows 10 2004)

Windows 10 Start Menu Search

Hi,
    Search in Windows new start menu is annoying, each time web search using bing results are also shown, which is really unwanted.
    Using :: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Search
    We can enable the following 3 options to disable web search:
    • Do not allow web search
    • Don’t search the web or display web results in Search
    • Don’t search the web or display web results in Search over
    However, as usual I'm looking for a way to do this via registry, anyone willing to help, please? Disable Web Results in Start Menu Search, but enable Image search (Windows 10 2004) :)
    Cheers.

omidsolo, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Disable Web Results in Start Menu Search, but enable Image search (Windows 10 2004)

1. Disable Web Results in Start Menu Search, but enable Image search (Windows 10 2004) - Similar Threads - Disable Web Results

2. windows start menu search web results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows start menu search web results: the start menu used to show web results which was very convinent for me but now it just shows this there is no web preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-search-web-results/1222459b-be64-4bcd-9d2b-efcb3ff7638b
  3. windows start menu search web results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows start menu search web results: the start menu used to show web results which was very convinent for me but now it just shows this there is no web preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-search-web-results/1222459b-be64-4bcd-9d2b-efcb3ff7638b
  4. windows start menu search web results

in Cortana
  5. Enable Web Results In Windows 11 Search Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Web Results In Windows 11 Search Start Menu: I use Windows 11, and a feature that is missing, is Web Results appearing in the Search results. When I tried solving this issue using the Internet, i found out that most people want it DISABLED, not ENABLED, and YouTubers who post videos on how to disable, do it by either...
  6. Enable Web Results In Windows 11 Search Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Web Results In Windows 11 Search Start Menu: I use Windows 11, and a feature that is missing, is Web Results appearing in the Search results. When I tried solving this issue using the Internet, i found out that most people want it DISABLED, not ENABLED, and YouTubers who post videos on how to disable, do it by either...
  7. Disable Start Menu Web Search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Start Menu Web Search?: What's the current way to disable the web search? Preferably without editing the registry submitted by /u/HeyLittleMonkey [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8ptap/disable_start_menu_web_search/
  8. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search

in Cortana
    Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search: Hi; on some Windows 10 installations (and indeed, even on my other user account), I get web search results when I press the Start key on my keyboard and then type into the search box. For example, "32 F in C" will yield 0° C. This isn't happening on one of my accounts. As...
  9. Disable web searches in Start menu

in Cortana
    Disable web searches in Start menu: I need to be able to disable web searches in the Start menu. We have several Windows 10 laptops that we use to administer exams, and obviously we cannot have students able to search the internet during their exams. Having no way to disable this feature makes these laptops...
  10. Disable web results in search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable web results in search: What am I missing here to stop getting web results when searching for stuff on my PC? Enabling "Do not allow web search" does....nothing..... [img] [img] 120609