Windows 10: Disable Websearch in Windows Search field

Discus and support Disable Websearch in Windows Search field in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Am I correct that Microsoft does not give users an easy toggle to disable searching the web in the desktop search bar? I find it very annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonightwetaco, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Disable Websearch in Windows Search field

Hello.

Am I correct that Microsoft does not give users an easy toggle to disable searching the web in the desktop search bar?

I find it very annoying to see websearches when I use the search bar and would like to turn it off. Thanks!

:)

tonightwetaco, Nov 29, 2019

2. no websearch in the windows taskbar

in my taskbar search there is no websearch available anymore

How can fix this and turn it on (or make it visible) again.

Thanks for Your help!

Michael Opitz, Nov 29, 2019
  3. search field

Hi Larry,

You can always search for your files with the use of Cortana search box.

If its not visible on your desktop, refer to the steps below to make it available again.

1. Right-click on your taskbar and choose Cortana.

2. Select Show search box.

If you are referring to a search box that's designed to look for Word files only, we suggest you submit this as your entry at
    Microsoft Connect is Retired - Collaborate as this matter is already advisable to be listed on our Feedback forum.

Rest assured that our Engineering team will take the necessary action to improve Windows features as we always value our customer's needs.

Thank you.

Jhessica Sur, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Disable Websearch in Windows Search field

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Disable Websearch in Windows Search field a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Disable Websearch in Windows Search field

1. Disable Websearch in Windows Search field - Similar Threads - Disable Websearch Search

2. Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer search field stopped reacting: Hello there, A few days ago I installed Nov2019-update for Win10, and after that in Windows Explorer search stopped working. When I search for things from Start panel - all works fine, but when I open some folder and try to put the cursor to the top-right field in order...
  3. Search field in bottom taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search field in bottom taskbar: Hi there I have made a large update of Windows 10 (which I couldn´t chose myself) and the first thing i find, to my great irritation, is a big white ugly search field to the left of the task bar. How do I remove that? BR, Staffan Söderlund...
  4. Windows 10 - How to customize the search field.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - How to customize the search field.: Hello people. My first post, so I'm sorry if you make any gaffes, ok? Well, I have a very large video collection. I want to classify them by total video time, or length, as it is in Windows. It turns out that the options that Windows offers is not satisfactory. I...
  5. Search field missing from explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search field missing from explorer: The search field in explorer, the one in the upper right corner is suddenly missing. It might've happened after an update but I'm not sure exactly when it happened. I updated to build 18922 today, and the search field is still missing. Any solution to this? [ATTACH]...
  6. no websearch in the windows taskbar

in Cortana
    no websearch in the windows taskbar: in my taskbar search there is no websearch available anymore How can fix this and turn it on (or make it visible) again. Thanks for Your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-websearch-in-the-windows-taskbar/8ef8fe81-323b-41e0-a1c4-d9a641209f9f"
  7. Disabling Windows Search

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Windows Search: I'm creating an image for Desktops/Laptops that clients will be using. We want to lock down the computer as much as possible and I've had some success with Group Policies. The one major thing I would like to disable before I finish is the windows search bar. Even if I disable...
  8. How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?): I now find, to my great surprise, that I can't type in the Search field at bottom left. The cursor will go there but nothing will happen to it when I start typing. This is amazing. This computer. Endless problems. I have two computer each with win10 and each installed at...
  9. missing search field and snipping tool

in Windows 10 Support
    missing search field and snipping tool: Yesterday I turned on my laptop and in my lower taskbar my snipping tool and the shortcut for Microsot Edge was missing. I clicked on the windows icon in the lower left corner and found edge but no snipping tool. I can't search for it because the search field is also missing....
  10. search field and cortana wont function

in Windows 10 Support
    search field and cortana wont function: Hi all I installed a new version of Windows 10 pro. The search function and cortana was working fine. My IT person joined the company domain and everything still worked correctly. We did updates and lost the use of the search bar and cortana. The start button works fine...