Windows 10: Disable win 10 screen search

Discus and support Disable win 10 screen search in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I STOP the search coming up every time I hit any key on the kb while not typing as in here?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Christine44444, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Disable win 10 screen search

How do I STOP the search coming up every time I hit any key on the kb while not typing as in here?

:)

Christine44444, Mar 31, 2023

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Disable win 10 screen search a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Mar 31, 2023
  3. How to disable Win+L in Windows 10?

As far as I know, there is no mean to disable only one Win+X keyboard shortcut.

What I can suggest is to disable completely Win+X hotkeys:

1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
    2. Now go to following key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoWinKeys and set its value to 1

Disable win 10 screen search grKk3.png

1. Close Registry Editor and restart your system. After reboot, all Win+X hotkeys will be turned off in your system.

To re-enable them, delete the DWORD NoWinKeys created in step 3.

Sébastien VALSEMEY, Mar 31, 2023
  4. fussybob Win User

Disable win 10 screen search

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Disable win 10 screen search

1. Disable win 10 screen search - Similar Threads - Disable screen search

2. Grey screen on search bar of win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen on search bar of win 10: Can anyone tell me why there is a grey coloured screen over my windows search ? I have been facing this issue very much , any solution or advice . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-screen-on-search-bar-of-win-10/1c0a2548-3f8e-4e38-8672-750440c88e6f
  3. Grey screen on search bar of win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen on search bar of win 10: Can anyone tell me why there is a grey coloured screen over my windows search ? I have been facing this issue very much , any solution or advice . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-screen-on-search-bar-of-win-10/1c0a2548-3f8e-4e38-8672-750440c88e6f
  4. Grey screen on search bar of win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disable win 10 screen search

Disable win 10 screen search: How do I STOP the search coming up every time I hit any key on the kb while not typing as in here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-win-10-screen-search/2f1f07d9-bf23-4f26-8f9b-2337edc40eab
  6. Disable win 10 screen search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable win 10 screen search: How do I STOP the search coming up every time I hit any key on the kb while not typing as in here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-win-10-screen-search/2f1f07d9-bf23-4f26-8f9b-2337edc40eab
  7. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro: Good morning all. Last Saturday I clean reinstalled Win 10 Pro on my laptop. It needed it after almost 5 years. So, for the first couple days, everything was fine. I decided to disable the lock screen and Windows sign in. It was great, then the next day I started getting...
  8. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro: Good morning all. Last Saturday I clean reinstalled Win 10 Pro on my laptop. It needed it after almost 5 years. So, for the first couple days, everything was fine. I decided to disable the lock screen and Windows sign in. It was great, then the next day I started getting...
  9. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Search is disabled

in Cortana
    Search is disabled: Search is disabled in all explorer windows and searchui does not appear in task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-is-disabled/65d1ac75-0cf3-475d-a5c7-aed521bc9ca4