Windows 10: Disable win 10 update it re-enabled itself?

Discus and support Disable win 10 update it re-enabled itself? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Using Win 10 Pro 1809, if i go into services, windows update, properties, startup type set to disabled. It seems to re-enable itself later on if not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David9723, Feb 18, 2019.

1. David9723 Win User

Disable win 10 update it re-enabled itself?

Using Win 10 Pro 1809, if i go into services, windows update, properties, startup type set to disabled. It seems to re-enable itself later on if not after a reboot.

How does one stop it? I have reason to believe it is hard locking up my PC. it's listed in the error log around the time my PC is locking up.

Thanks for the help.

:)

David9723, Feb 18, 2019

2. After I updated from win 8.1 to win 10 the administrator account login is disable. Can't enable even through command prompt. Any suggestions?

After I updated from win 8.1 to win 10 the administrator account login is disable. Can't enable even through command prompt. Any suggestions?

GilbertoNieves1258, Feb 18, 2019
  3. How to disable Win+L in Windows 10?

As far as I know, there is no mean to disable only one Win+X keyboard shortcut.

What I can suggest is to disable completely Win+X hotkeys:

1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
    2. Now go to following key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoWinKeys and set its value to 1

Disable win 10 update it re-enabled itself? grKk3.png

1. Close Registry Editor and restart your system. After reboot, all Win+X hotkeys will be turned off in your system.

To re-enable them, delete the DWORD NoWinKeys created in step 3.

Sébastien VALSEMEY, Feb 18, 2019
  4. mostyello Win User

Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10  

Here is what I think we all want:

1. Notify only (never download or install without first allowing step 2)
    2. Allow easy option to deselect updates (especially drivers) that we don't want or would prefer to update manually.

Basically, give us back the Windows Update we had, or the same options.

I've read this tutorial and all the posts along with Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums and all the posts there.

I'm having a hard time putting all the comments together into a cohesive state so that I can create a behavior similar enough to the old Windows Update to make me happy. If anyone can provide a step by step to provide this, I would be much appreciative.

mostyello, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Disable win 10 update it re-enabled itself? - Similar Threads - Disable update enabled

2. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  3. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  4. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen: I was wondering once you Disable your tocuhscreen, are you able to Enable it again after? Just asking before I make a mistake. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-and-re-enabling-touchscreen/0ea8942b-e1b9-4773-a5ef-8a226289eb83
  5. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen: I was wondering once you Disable your tocuhscreen, are you able to Enable it again after? Just asking before I make a mistake. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-and-re-enabling-touchscreen/0ea8942b-e1b9-4773-a5ef-8a226289eb83
  6. Disable and Re-enabling Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Re-enabling disabled hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-enabling disabled hard drive: Hi, I have a MSI Gaming Plus B450 motherboard with an AMD 3700x installed in my system. While re-installing the windows 10, I accidentally disabled a drive and tried to enable it again, but it says its a RAW disk and you have to format to continue using it. I have many...
  8. Windows Defender periodic scan re-enables itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender periodic scan re-enables itself: I disable it in task scheduler but it keeps enabling itself. How do I permanently disable periodic scans? What's the point of having periodic scans anyway if the protection is active 24/7 and scanning everything as it comes into the pc? submitted by /u/distopija [link]...
  9. Win 10 1909 Win RE disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 1909 Win RE disabled: Hi All, I have been having living nightmares for weeks with my machine. I've clean installed from 1909 boot media on a new SSD. I don't think I started from a clone, but I'm not 100% sure. I've step by step backed up in Aomei Backupper. I had noticed that after restarts I...
  10. Can't re-enable Win Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't re-enable Win Defender: I disabled Win Defender in order to troubleshoot Thunderbird. I can't re-enable, because the option is now greyed-out - see screenshot. Please advise me how to re-enable Win Def. Thanks. 132209