Windows 10: Disable WIN+C shortcut WIN10

Discus and support Disable WIN+C shortcut WIN10 in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, i want to disable the WIN+C shortcut that launches Cortana every time, could you help me? Thanks... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by simillo, Oct 20, 2020.

1. simillo Win User

Disable WIN+C shortcut WIN10

Hi,

i want to disable the WIN+C shortcut that launches Cortana every time, could you help me?

Thanks

:)

simillo, Oct 20, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Disable WIN+C shortcut WIN10 :)

terrace, Oct 20, 2020
  3. How to disable Win+L in Windows 10?

As far as I know, there is no mean to disable only one Win+X keyboard shortcut.

What I can suggest is to disable completely Win+X hotkeys:

1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
    2. Now go to following key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoWinKeys and set its value to 1

Disable WIN+C shortcut WIN10 grKk3.png

1. Close Registry Editor and restart your system. After reboot, all Win+X hotkeys will be turned off in your system.

To re-enable them, delete the DWORD NoWinKeys created in step 3.

Sébastien VALSEMEY, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Disable WIN+C shortcut WIN10 :)

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Disable WIN+C shortcut WIN10 - Similar Threads - Disable WIN+C shortcut

2. Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut

in Cortana
    Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut: I am trying to re-map a "mic" key on my keyboard that used to be used to pull up Cortana. When I try and do so it says that the key that is being pressed is "Windows+C". I am unable to disable the shortcut in Cortana because it says that it has depreciated. How can I disable...
  3. Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut: I am trying to re-map a "mic" key on my keyboard that used to be used to pull up Cortana. When I try and do so it says that the key that is being pressed is "Windows+C". I am unable to disable the shortcut in Cortana because it says that it has depreciated. How can I disable...
  4. Disable "Windows+C" Cortana shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there anyway to disable Win+I shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to disable Win+I shortcut?: Hi, I have a faulty keyboard and I am unable to have it repaired immediately. I problem is that it keeps opening Settings due to the Win+I shortcut being triggered. This is very annoying when you're trying to get work done! Using an external keyboard doesn't seem to help...
  6. Is there anyway to disable Win+I shortcut?

Is there anyway to disable Win+I shortcut?: Hi, I have a faulty keyboard and I am unable to have it repaired immediately. I problem is that it keeps opening Settings due to the Win+I shortcut being triggered. This is very annoying when you're trying to get work done! Using an external keyboard doesn't seem to help...
  7. disable Left Alt c shortcut in Win 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable Left Alt c shortcut in Win 11.: I often type Polish in Microsoft 363 Word and Outlook. I have Polish set as an additional language from MS language pack. There, Left Alt c should insert ć. Instead it opens calculator.It is ridicules, as I need to find and replace all ć in small and upper case to correct the...
  8. disable Left Alt c shortcut in Win 11.

disable Left Alt c shortcut in Win 11.: I often type Polish in Microsoft 363 Word and Outlook. I have Polish set as an additional language from MS language pack. There, Left Alt c should insert ć. Instead it opens calculator.It is ridicules, as I need to find and replace all ć in small and upper case to correct the...
  9. How to stop shortcut Win+C to open Cortana

How to stop shortcut Win+C to open Cortana: I don't like Cortana, I don't use Cortana, so I don't want Cortana. I found here in the forum how to disable it using the Local Group Policy Editor. But I use Clipboard history a lot and many times, as I type very fast, I hit Win+C instead of Win+V. And when I hit Win+C I...
  10. Win-C & Win-V Shortcuts Possible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win-C & Win-V Shortcuts Possible?: Is it possible to create shortcuts (for example in Word and Chrome) to use Window key & C to copy and Windows Key and V to paste? How would I do it? And yes, I could use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V but I would like to add this because I use both a Mac and Windows, so copy and paste...