Windows 10: Disable Win10 Security

Discus and support Disable Win10 Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; About 8 months ago, we finished migrating around 800 users from 7 to 10, for the sake of security. Now, users are complaining about Secure Boot via... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JessicaMayfield, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Disable Win10 Security

About 8 months ago, we finished migrating around 800 users from 7 to 10, for the sake of security.

Now, users are complaining about Secure Boot via UEFI which we didn't implement before. It's my understanding that without Secure Boot, we wouldn't be able to fully utilize the 'guards' (App Guard, Device Guard, or Credential Guard).

I don't know if it's correct to call this an 'issue' in the sense that something is wrong with Win10, but does anyone else have experience dealing with user complaints about Secure Boot in Win10? And if so, can you disable UEFI Secure Boot but still keep the 'guards' in place?

Thanks!
    Jess

:)

JessicaMayfield, Sep 20, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 20, 2018
  3. R0H1T Win User
    Faulty APU? (HP laptop, A6-5200) - Disable Win10 driver updating

How about disabling BITS & WU service, I don't remember win10 being able to turn them ON (to auto or manual) when they're disabled *Toast :toast:

R0H1T, Sep 20, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

Disable Win10 Security

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Disable Win10 Security

1. Disable Win10 Security - Similar Threads - Disable Win10 Security

2. Disable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Secure Boot: I want to disable secure boot. I've gone into the bios and disabled secure boot and save and exit, then I get a screen that tells me to enter this code for verification. It was a seven number code but none of the number pads work . I use the number pad and get nothing or use...
  3. Disable win10 encryption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable win10 encryption: I have a dell Inspiron that went into support assist mode. Message from this assist mode says OS_boot_failure and recommends re install/ restore. When I tried to enable restore, error message says unable to restore because OS is encrypted. How can I disable win10 encryption?...
  4. Windows security disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security disabled: So I was trying to free up space on my PC and I uninstalled OneDrive. Since then Windows Security is giving a message "TURN ON Real Time protection". When i tried to switch it on it does not happen. I also tried re-installing OneDrive and doing it, but it does not happen....
  5. disable secure boot

disable secure boot: need information on how to disable the secure boot feature so I can use the my computer in other platforms https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-secure-boot/a333c194-8336-497b-b4f4-4832cb49b93f
  6. Disable Win10 Handwriting ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Win10 Handwriting ?: Hey, i have a SP7 is there a way to disable handwriting and use the on-screen keyboard instead? The pen is really nice to navigate the surface but its really annoying to use the handwriting panel to search something submitted by /u/xukaplyat [link] [comments]...
  7. disabling secure boot

disabling secure boot: Hello These are the instructions I received from the engineers at Asus regarding disabling secure boot. I can do so by clearing keys but that is not advised. I want to use various Linux distros which require that secure boot be disabled. My new board is Asus Tuf z390 Gaming...
  8. Win10 Disables CCleaner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Disables CCleaner: The Program Compatibility Assistant is disabled and yet windows still manages to disable CCleaner. Besides uninstalling the current update, is there a work around (reg tweak) anything that can be done until this is fixed? Did I miss another setting that should be disabled to...
  9. Disable Security notifications?

Disable Security notifications?: Sorry. Thanks shimshom.
  10. Disabling security programs

Disabling security programs: TenForum's installation guide says 'you will need to disable or uninstall any 3rd party AV or security program' I'm a little concerned about this and just wanted to confirm if it's safe to do so. And does every security program need to be disabled - I have several, my AV plus...