Windows 10: Disable window resizing and moving during rotation

Discus and support Disable window resizing and moving during rotation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a convertible and I routinely change its orientation. For example, I may change from laptop to tablet in landscape mode. If I rotate it such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rufus.mra, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Rufus.mra Win User

Disable window resizing and moving during rotation

I have a convertible and I routinely change its orientation. For example, I may change from laptop to tablet in landscape mode. If I rotate it such that the screen stays upright, it will flip the desktop upside down to match the recommended orientation fan exhaust at the back. Then I must do a flat spin to get the fans to the top. If it senses a portrait orientation, even briefly, as often happens when spinning the screen, it will instantly resize the desktop and every window with a left border that exceeds the new screen width, jamming them to the left. When rotation finishes, the desktop will resize again, but the windows will not, since they all fit in the "new" landscape orientation.

How do I disable window resizing on desktop change to prevent this?

:)

Rufus.mra, Dec 30, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Dec 30, 2020
  3. resize & move windows

Sorry. My windows are only Maximized and Move & Resize options are disabled. What should I do?

AlbertoGonzález Amaré, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Jake Win User

How to disable Windows 10 window resize behavior after snapping?

I like Windows' snapping features, for the most part. I have trouble with one aspect of the feature, which resizes a window back to its previous size after snapping, if you move the window. I would rather keep the window at the snapped size.

Follow these steps to see what I mean:

1. Open a new window
      • Note the size of the window at this point
    2. Snap it to the side of the screen (Win + LeftArrow)
    3. Resize the window to be shorter
    4. Move the window to another spot

You will observe after step 4 that the window returns to the size it was in step 1. Windows remembers that size and recalls it when you move the window. Is there a way to have Windows keep the size I set via snap/resize instead of the previous size?

Thema:

1. Disable window resizing and moving during rotation - Similar Threads - Disable window resizing

2. Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10: Hi,I need to disable re-sizing of the windows start menu. If i tried to drag the windows start menu, the size of the window can be dragged.Is there anyway we can disable the re-sizing option or user dragging option in windows 21H2....
  3. Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10: Hi,I need to disable re-sizing of the windows start menu. If i tried to drag the windows start menu, the size of the window can be dragged.Is there anyway we can disable the re-sizing option or user dragging option in windows 21H2....
  4. Disabling Windows resizing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Automatically Moving and Resizing

Windows Automatically Moving and Resizing: Hello,Occasionally, when I wake my laptop up from Sleep Mode, windows will randomly resize and move through out the screen. Please see the attached picture for an example. Before I put my laptop on Sleep Mode, all three Sticky Notes were the same size as "Note A" and "Note...
  6. DisplayPort Monitors and Windows Resizing/Moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DisplayPort Monitors and Windows Resizing/Moving: I built a new setup using a 38" LG ultrawide and a 27" LG in portrait both connected with DisplayPort to a RTX 3070 FE. Every time the monitors turn off or the PC goes into sleep, when waking my windows resize and move monitors. I've tried every "fix" I can find online and...
  7. How to disable rotation lock?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable rotation lock?: I'm trying to enable rotation lock but the option is greyed out. Following solutions I tried were to restart as well as temporarily put the computer in portrait. 147164
  8. Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling"

Disabling the "automatic rotation lock disabling": Hello Can I somehow disable the rotation lock greying out? I want to always choose if automatic rotation should be on or off. Basically I want so that computer NEVER decides if rotation lock should be on or off and I always need to decide if its on or off. [ATTACH]...
  9. Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen rotation not working, rotation lock disabled: Unlike Windows 8.1, the screen on my Yoga 2 Pro doesn't rotate when I turn the device upside down to "tent" mode after installing Windows 10. When swiping right to show the Action Center, the Rotation Lock tile is disabled, as is this setting in the Control Panel. Anyone else...
  10. want to disable auto rotate

in Windows 10 Support
    want to disable auto rotate: Hi I have an HP Pavillion touchscreen laptop running windows 10. I want to lie on my side in bed and watch a movie, so I want the screen to stay in landscape mode, but I cannot figure out how to do this. I cannot find any checkbox in the intel graphics control panel for...