Windows 10: Disable Window Shadows in Windows 10 TP

Discus and support Disable Window Shadows in Windows 10 TP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A quick tip to disable the 'atrocious' new window shadowing effect in Windows 10 Technical Preview. (I say atrocious but others may like it. I find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edwin, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Disable Window Shadows in Windows 10 TP

A quick tip to disable the 'atrocious' new window shadowing effect in Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    (I say atrocious but others may like it. I find it too much of an effect)

Full Shadow, (with instructions):

Disable Window Shadows in Windows 10 TP [​IMG]

Half Shadow, (when you click on another element or inactive window):

Shadow disabled:

:)

Edwin, Oct 4, 2014
  2. Diogny Win User

Windows 10 Mobile TP 10512 can't update Lumia Selfie, I uninstalled and now can't reinstall it

Windows 10 Mobile TP 10512 can't update Lumia Selfie, I uninstalled the app and now can't reinstall it. "Get the app" button shadowed, don't work

Diogny, Oct 4, 2014
  3. Windows 10 Mobile TP 10512 can't update Lumia Selfie, I uninstalled and now can't reinstall it

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya,i too have the same issue.

Unistalled it,and now when i try to install it from the store it says "This app is not available or not supported"

AbrahamAbruz, Oct 4, 2014
  4. Dude Win User

Good info Edwin, I like the shadow effect myself.

Dude, Oct 4, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    I hear ya! *Smile
    Depends, I guess, where you open the window; on a dark desktop it's not so 'intrusive' but on a white background it's a little much, for me anyway.

It's a decent tip. I should ask Mr. Brink to make a tut of it before this gets buried in the 'Sea of Threads'! *Smile

Edwin, Oct 4, 2014
  6. LittleJay Win User
    I guess the current setting must not bother me much, as I can't say I've even noticed. *Tongue But nice job on the tut mate! *Thumbs

LittleJay, Oct 4, 2014
  7. Mooly Win User
    Yes, thanks very much for the detailed info. I had just had a whinge over the visuals.

Mooly, Oct 5, 2014
  8. Edwin New Member

LOL, no probs! *Smile

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Window Shadows in Windows 10 TP - Similar Threads - Disable Window Shadows

2. How to disable BIOS Cache or Shadowing?

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable BIOS Cache or Shadowing?: [ATTACH]Some users have reported getting a Blue screen of death where they are suggested […] This article How to disable BIOS Cache or Shadowing? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Unable to disable text shadows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable text shadows: I want to disable text shadows in windows 10. I tried disabling them through here:[ATTACH] As you can see, the 'use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop' and 'show shadows under windows' options are both disabled. I am using the latest version of windows available. I...
  4. UXStyle version for Windows 10(TP)

UXStyle version for Windows 10(TP): I thought it would be a good idea to make an extra thread for new versions of UXStyle because a lot of you require a dark theme, and this way you can skin/theme your desktops. UxStyle is a bit of software that relaxes Windows theme signature requirements to enable...
  5. How Do I Disable the Shadow of X in the Window?

How Do I Disable the Shadow of X in the Window?: There is a little of a shadow for X, so how can I disable the shadow of X? [img] 103787
  6. Windows TP Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows TP Updates: So..., we going to see some updates tomorrow; you think? 2449
  7. Windows TP Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows TP Search: Some new additions to the Search feature, but nothing works yet! *Sad [img] 3089
  8. Windows 10 TP on my Netbook

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 TP on my Netbook: Netbook: Samsung N145 Plus, Atom N455 2 GB RAM 64-bit It works beyond perfect, shame Metro apps still can't run on 1024x600 resolution, given they can run on separate windows *Sad Edit: The search function doesn't work (blank window) while in my desktop vrtual machine it...
  9. windows 10 TP installation fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 TP installation fails: Hi I decided to get windows 10 TP. It went all right for a bit. But then I went out for a few hours and when i came back it was off! I switched it on and it said... Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 v12.2.5 Copyright Broadcom Copyright Intel All rights reserved. Broadcom Base...
  10. Windows 10 TP for phones released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 TP for phones released: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Announcing the first build of Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones Supported phones for Windows 10 Technical Preview We're working to get more Windows Phone models supported...