Windows 10: Disable Windows 10 "App has been blocked"

Discus and support Disable Windows 10 "App has been blocked" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] Online I've only seen work-arounds posted that involve logging into the built in Administrator account and running it from there, but I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by blksith0, Jun 30, 2016.

1. blksith0 Win User

Disable Windows 10 "App has been blocked"

Disable Windows 10 "App has been blocked" [​IMG]

Online I've only seen work-arounds posted that involve logging into the built in Administrator account and running it from there, but I want to disable this app blocking entirely for any account.
    How do?

:)

blksith0, Jun 30, 2016
  2. GrahamRoe Win User

Samsung Easy Settings blocking Windows Update

I have a Samsung Notebook 300E. I installed windows 10 some months ago, and it disabled Samsung Easy Settings (but did not tell me to remove it). All has been OK, but now, I cannot install the Anniversary Update because Windows Update says I must remove
    Easy Settings, but when I try to uninstall I get the message "This app has been blocked for your protection". What do I do now?

GrahamRoe, Jun 30, 2016
  3. THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

How can I get past "This App has been blocked for your protection" in Windows 10? I need to install a valid program, but even when I try to do as an administrator, I'm told to "see the administrator."

JamesHolmes1, Jun 30, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

Move to other Windows Version

Adalwar, Jul 1, 2016
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    Have you installed the latest version directly from their website?

I'm not a developer so my knowledge is pretty limited, however it sounds like maybe they had a problem with their code-signing certificate not too long ago? Who knows, maybe due to recent changes where sha-1 code signing certificates are being deprecated and no longer being valid if timestamped after 1/1/2016 or have no timestamp at all?

If you've uninstalled any older versions of IrfanView and installed the latest version shown above directly from their website (where it seems like they fixed some issues), it maybe something worth taking up directly with InfraView on their forum. I wouldn't disable any features to bypass the "This app has been blocked for your protection" warning dialogue, as it's there to protect users. You need to get to the root cause of why the publisher is not trusted and the first point of call would be to contact IrfanView themselves as their developers should have a greater understanding why their executable is showing the publisher as untrusted.

ARC1020, Jul 2, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    Just a follow up, for IrfanView 4.41 the code-signing certificate was revoked by their Certificate Authority for some reason. Therefore that certificate can not and should not be trusted again. If you are using IrfanView 4.41, this is why you are getting the warning dialogue saying that the publisher is "Not Trusted".

Disable Windows 10 "App has been blocked" [​IMG]

ARC1020, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Windows 10 "App has been blocked" - Similar Threads - Disable App has

2. this app has been blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this app has been blocked by administrator: start menu , setting and other basic Microsoft software and options can't run and give me the below errorthis app has been blocked by administratorhow to fix it in windows 11 IOT enterpriser...
  3. this app has been blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this app has been blocked by administrator: start menu , setting and other basic Microsoft software and options can't run and give me the below errorthis app has been blocked by administratorhow to fix it in windows 11 IOT enterpriser...
  4. This App has been blocked by System Administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This App has been blocked by System Administrator.: Dear Techs,Is there any major changes in Microsoft defender services?Cause we are facing an issue regarding to This App has been blocked by System Administrator.unable to find taskbar clipboard then When we click on windows security – action recommended – it shows display...
  5. The app has been blocked for your protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The app has been blocked for your protection: Hello,I recently bought a new 2TB hard drive for extra space.Plugged it in no problems as it is recommended to do. Next is said to go to disk management, but when I do that the following appears :Okay so I go online and multiple fixes are proposed.I try to deactivate the...
  6. This app has been blocked...What app?

This app has been blocked...What app?: In looking at the protection history in windows security I see a number of notations that say "This app has been blocked" with a date and time. The problem is, I have no idea what app has been blocked. When I hit the down arrow I am asked for permission to let the app make...
  7. This app has been blocked by the system administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This app has been blocked by the system administrator: Hi, I am having problems on installing the antivirus in my computer. After I updated the W10 I cannot install some programs it says that this app has been blocked by your system administrator but I am the administrator it is my computer. I have been trying the whole day to...
  8. This app has been blocked for your protection - Windows apps?

This app has been blocked for your protection - Windows apps?: Hello, All of a sudden I'm getting this error whenever I try and start any of Window 10s admin apps using the mmc.exe eg device manager? I am the only user on the PC admin account. All other apps requiring admin authorization are still working fine. Thanks [IMG]...
  9. This App Has Been Blocked

This App Has Been Blocked: I just installed windows 10 on an older laptop upgrade from 7. I am trying to install - install root 5.5 on my computer the install wizard opens but partially through the install I get a red window with the message "this app has been blocked for your protection an...
  10. THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION: THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection/2c72b92a-e3f3-41cb-b7c4-00537d4f75a0"