Windows 10: Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

Discus and support Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any REAL way to disable this cancer feature? This is not the first time i have lost unsaved work due to this annoying function, that almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suleiman Boutzamat, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

Is there any REAL way to disable this cancer feature?

This is not the first time i have lost unsaved work due to this annoying function, that almost every Windows user hates.

I'm trying to behave, but it is really hard to keep calm after loosing unsaved work multiple times.

Why is it that Windows cannot just wait until the user decides to restart at a convenient time? It's not like the end of the world that users doesn't restart at a specific time.

In a time where Apple's Mac is already "stealing" a lot of Windows customers, it is a very risky (and dumb) feature to add to Windows.

This alone is very difficult to argue against in a Mac vs. Windows discussion.

Luckily (for Microsoft) Microsoft have secured themselves from a law suit in their policy.

MS knows that all Windows users hates this feature, and yet they still have it. WHY?

So back to the question. Is there any official/unofficial way (FOR GOOD) that allows me to disable this annoying feature?

I tried following some tutorials on YouTube, but little did it help obviously, as i just came home and found my computer restarted, and my work deleted.

:)

Suleiman Boutzamat, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

[Guide] Disabling Windows 10 Automatic updates and "spyware"

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

Your Windows 10 PC gets the latest updates automatically. In rare cases, a driver or update might cause issues with your PC. To keep the update from reinstalling automatically, download this troubleshooter, it will let you hide the problematic updates.

Drone, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 14, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

1. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates - Similar Threads - Disable automatic restart

2. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  3. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  4. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates II

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates II: So it's 2023, many times this same question was asked, so many answers by self procalimed windows pros, and guess what nothing works.Windows still restarts after every minor update i have tried all methods that coudl be found and could not aroud. I\m leaving my full...
  6. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates II

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates II: So it's 2023, many times this same question was asked, so many answers by self procalimed windows pros, and guess what nothing works.Windows still restarts after every minor update i have tried all methods that coudl be found and could not aroud. I\m leaving my full...
  7. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates II

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart: Firstly, why Microsoft do you lock threads when they're not addressed/resolved and I have to start another one with the practically the same title and issue?Now to the point. How does one stop a PC from restarting without permission.... permanently. I note that group policy...
  9. Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart

Disable Windows 10 automatic update/restart: Firstly, why Microsoft do you lock threads when they're not addressed/resolved and I have to start another one with the practically the same title and issue?Now to the point. How does one stop a PC from restarting without permission.... permanently. I note that group policy...
  10. Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates

Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates: I need a way to disable automatic restarts on Windows 10 Home. Setting active hours does not work. I have engineering programs that run on my system 24/7 and I'm tired of losing data because I come back in the morning to find that my computer randomly restarted during the...